FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it had to happen! We had a major hail storm here in DFW on Friday. My wife's 98 Accord made it through with 1 ding...the Fusion was not so fortunate :cry: :cry:

Here are some pics:
Right Tail Light

Roof Ding #1

Roof Ding #2

Driver Rear Quarter Panel Ding #1

Driver Rear Quarter Panel Ding #2

Rear Passenger Door Handle

I have good insurance ($200 Deductible), but how long does anybody think this would take to fix???

I fell to the ground as I saw the baseball size hail bounce off of my baby! I still feel I was very fortunate, other cars in the complex had windows broken...Oh Well, that's why we have insurance!

·
Registered
702 Posts
:wtc: I feel for you buddy. I almost had that happen to my town car, right after I took the comprehensive off it.(I got lucky)

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I would let them take as long as needed. Make sure you tell your insurance you will need a rental while its in the shop.

·
Super Moderator
5,959 Posts
[quote author=ColdFusion link=topic=74793.msg1338174#msg1338174 date=1176662139]
Well, it had to happen! We had a major hail storm here in DFW on Friday. My wife's 98 Accord made it through with 1 ding...the Fusion was not so fortunate :cry: :cry:

I have good insurance ($200 Deductible), but how long does anybody think this would take to fix???

I fell to the ground as I saw the baseball size hail bounce off of my baby! I still feel I was very fortunate, other cars in the complex had windows broken...Oh Well, that's why we have insurance!
[/quote]

So sorry for the hail damage, ColdFusion.

Here is some good advice, and I hope you follow it. Look for a company in your area called "Dent Wizard". They fix dents such as yours by sliding a specialized set of tools behind the inside body panels, and massaging out the dent from the inside. Hail damage is tailor made for the type of work they can repair. With this type of repair, as long as the paint is not damaged (or as long as any paint damage is minor and buffable) you do not need to repaint the car. I consider this to be a giant plus, as short of an expensive custom paint job (which your insurance company will certainly not pay for), a repaint is never the same.

I have used them twice. The first time in 1998 on a Black 1999 Cougar that was hail damaged, almost exactly like yours (about 14 hail dents, no broken tail light), and again in 2004, when a softball put a large dent in the hood of my 2001 Cougar. In fact, when I brought the 1999 Cougar to the traditonal collision repair shop which I had used in the past, they actually recommended I take it to be repaired by "Dent Wizard", as the car was only a month old, black, and they said I would be much happier with the results than having alomost the entire car repainted. I am glad they were honest, as they gave up business that day, but gained a life long customer for future traditional body work and painting.

It is much more inexpensive than traditional body work and repainting, and more importantly, you keep your original paint job. Essentially, if they can get behind the damaged body panel, they can fix it.

If you cannot find them listed under "Dent Wizard", ask around in your area for a "Paintless Dent Removal" shop in your area. Most traditional collision shops even contract with one "Paintless Repair" technician or another to take out door dings and hail damage such as you have suffered. Also, check with the Dealer where you bought your car (or other local Dealers). It would not surprise me if they contract with a "Paintless Repair" company to repair cars which are damaged on their lot.

Good luck with your car! :cheers:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Im so sorry man, i would cry if that happened to my car. DentWizard.. hmm.. Ive seen a shop with a dentwizard sign before. I'll have to remember that :) I hate repaints, especially now that I have the teflon overcoating, a repaint would be horrible!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice!
With my insurance co (State Farm), they will try to do PDR (Paintless Dent Repair) first...which is much cheaper. I have rental coverage, so that shouldn't be a problem, I hope!

Oh well, my wife will be driving the rental...I'm driving the new Outlander we just bought (which I LOVE anyway!)

·
Registered
297 Posts
sorry about that dude........ It is amazing that none of the glass was damaged....

·
Registered
596 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts