FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what crossover frequenices should i be filtering out? maybe i can just wire the crossover from the old speaker into the leads of the new speaker.....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've put polk db570s in my doors and i want to make a dirty component system, so what i want to do it hook up the tweeters for the highs, install crossovers in the front so the front doors play mids and lows, and then put another set of crossovers in the back doors to play bass, so i want to know what frequencies i should put in the front and back.

·
Registered
443 Posts
My original setup included Kenwood 5x7 2 ways in the doors and I kept the tweeters iin the apillar. Installed "bass blockers" so the tweeters got only frequencies above 2k. After a couple of weeks, I noticed my ears were really tired after listening to the stereo for extended periods (I travel a lot for work). I unplugged the tweeters and it sounded much better.

Personally, I would unplug the factory tweeters and just go with your Polks. They have a real crossover built in and that will give good frequency separation. I bet it would sound better than any factory tweeters from Ford. Add an amp to those Polks and they would really come ALIVE

I would recommend you leave your rear doors as full range. They are mostly there for rear fill and ambient sound. Go sit in your car and fade all the way to the front, and then fade all the way to the back. You will probably hear the fronts much clearer and "louder" than the rears. This is what I mean by rear fill. If you want real bass, get a sub. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts