FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford Motor Co : Please put a cross hatch pattern on the end of the engine oil dipstick ( I-4 ). It’s a bit tough to read the oil level.

Happy Milan Owner

PS. This Milan Package Is Spot On!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I checked the oil once in my Fusion V6 since late November, I must really inspect-it this time.

·
Registered
799 Posts
+1 for the traditional dipstick on the 2.3 I4!!! I do my own maint and am very particular about it so not being able to read the oil level sucks.

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=Big_Bill_Smith link=topic=36808.msg1129050#msg1129050 date=1167750296]
The i4 has the worst dip-stick design I have ever seen, it's a real POS. Please change it ford.
[/quote]
Big Bill,
That's such a simple change, but one that would make a lot of Fusion owners happy. Do you think Ford will modify it? Not bloody likely unless one of their own engineers comes up with this better idea. Car manufacturers these days don't listen to their customers, the consumer. Such a pity. The average Joes and Janes of this world have a lot of good ideas to make life easier and more enjoyable. Simple things like an improved dip stick. An idea that would cost practically nothing but would increase customer satisfaction. Don't hold your breath waiting for Ford to adopt the idea. Not going to happen.
Boz

·
Registered
799 Posts
Car manufacturers these days don't listen to their customers, the consumer.
Your kidding right? That may have been true in '72 but not today.

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=cos link=topic=36808.msg1133541#msg1133541 date=1167956034]
Car manufacturers these days don't listen to their customers, the consumer.
Your kidding right? That may have been true in '72 but not today.
[/quote]
Cos,
No, I wasn't kidding. Maybe you can give me a few examples of Ford, GM or Chrysler listening to what consumers want and delivering it. The oriental car companies come the closest to that goal. Their sales records (always increasing, year after year) illustrate that point.

Perhaps the best yardstick to use for customer satisfaction is resale value. What do suppose is the resale value of a 2006 SEL Taurus versus a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry? Don't you suppose FoMoCo knew how to improve Taurus, by listening to owners and consumers? Instead they dumped the nameplate and introduced the Fusion. Where will the Fusion be in 10 years?

From my perspective, the U.S.'s big three don't listen a bit better than they did in 1972, but I'm willing to consider any examples of that.

Boz

·
Registered
264 Posts
Cost effectiveness. That's what it's all about. They engineers probably piss on dipstick visibilty concerns.
not saying they wouldn't be nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts