FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Ford Fusion with 93,000 miles; creaks all the time; I took it to the dealership but they could not detect sounds. Oddly enough, hot weather and when I have a passenger in the front seat exacerbates the creaking.

Please advise..

·
Super Moderator
5,909 Posts
2011 Ford Fusion with 93,000 miles; creaks all the time; I took it to the dealership but they could not detect sounds. Oddly enough, hot weather and when I have a passenger in the front seat exacerbates the creaking.

Please advise..
Hi M1030. Did you essentially bring your car in, tell them it creaks and groans, hand them the keys and leave?

If yes, try this instead: Make an appointment to take it to your Ford Dealership, or another Ford Dealership, or a shop/Tech you trust. When you arrive, ask them to send a Tech for a ride with you. You drive. Drive over the kind of roads and in the manner that causes the creaking and groaning, so that it creaks and groans and the person riding with you says some version of, "Yes, I hear it creaking and groaning".

In this way, you will have a second person in the car, which you say exacerbates the problem (and hopefully it will also be a hot day). Once you physically demonstrate the problem and they say they hear the problem, they can not say they don't hear the problem.

To be honest, a 10 year old vehicle with ~93,000 miles could have any of a myriad of suspension issues causing your noises, including but not limited to any of the following: Worn shocks/struts, worn ball joints/sway bar links/bushings, other worn suspension components/bushings etc. etc.

It should not be hard for a competent mechanic/tech to figure out.

Keep us updated and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts