FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have a 2007 Ford Fusion SE. Started off as creaking when turning and steering wheel shake when braking at any speed. Changed Outer tie rod and cleared up all noise, but still had slight steering wheel shake when braking. Figured I’ll go back and change the inner once my girlfriend gets paid. She drove for 2-3 days and began claiming it was hard to brake and it was making a similar noise so I’m going to assume inner needs replacing (She only drove it for a day or two and it’s been parked since). Drove the car today for the first time and noticed and clicking when braking at any speed and steering wheel wobble only really present when braking from highway speeds, but the clicking is for sure there. My guess CV not sure yet going to get it apart tomorrow was wondering if anyone had similar experiences/problems.

·
Super Moderator
5,749 Posts
Okay so I have a 2007 Ford Fusion SE. Started off as creaking when turning and steering wheel shake when braking at any speed. Changed Outer tie rod and cleared up all noise, but still had slight steering wheel shake when braking. Figured I’ll go back and change the inner once my girlfriend gets paid. She drove for 2-3 days and began claiming it was hard to brake and it was making a similar noise so I’m going to assume inner needs replacing (She only drove it for a day or two and it’s been parked since). Drove the car today for the first time and noticed and clicking when braking at any speed and steering wheel wobble only really present when braking from highway speeds, but the clicking is for sure there. My guess CV not sure yet going to get it apart tomorrow was wondering if anyone had similar experiences/problems.
Hi dp123. Can not speak to the clicking. However, steering wheel shake when braking is most often due to a warped front brake rotor/rotors.

Keep us updated and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts