FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a continuation of an idea I posted at the Ford 500 Club; in which I basically said that Ford needs to concentrate on making Mercury a brand with a deservedly great image for 1st rate cars (for the good of the whole corporation).

Idea: import the top-of-the-line euroFocus sedan, modify the styling, and sell it (at whatever it's 'more expensive' platform requires) as a Mercury.

Fomoco HAS a car, ready-to-go, that Ford NA won't have a copy of, that enthusiasts *want*. Let Mercury give it a try & if it sells, bring over the coupe-cabriolet and maybe more.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorta.... that's interesting - I hadn't thought of it that way - TY :D
Tho that's giving the idea too much credit. It's really a less audacious move - Ford already has an existing slot - they just aren't putting anything new in it. Guess I'm (also) suggesting they pay more attention to smaller cars.

(If the pointy headlights in the pic helped prompt the TSX comparison... actually they're just part of the quik&dirty way I tried to 'de-Focus' the chop :wink: I don't like big SUV-ish headlights on cars.)

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
nah the look had nothin to do witht he comparison. Honda just threw a rebranded euro-accord into amreica and called it the Acura TSX... basically what you're suggestiong Ford should do

·
Registered
105 Posts
This would make sense. I think plenty of Amercian drivers would want the new generation Focus but Ford would have to charge higher prices to bring it here. That's why we still have the gen 1 Focus.

However, Mercury's higher prices and lower volume would make this idea work.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
glad you think so too, Futura06. now if only Fomoco would do it.

new pix of the euroFocus 3door & 5door are now up at Channel 4

also Wheels24 claims it will eventually get "a 2.5-litre V6 unit with a power output of about 160kW."(214.6hp)
"Top speed will be limited to 250km/h (155mph) while the car is expected to sprint from 0-100km/h in less than seven seconds."
and another article about the coupe-cabriolet

·
Registered
8 Posts
mercury

Mercury is basically in my opinion a sportier and younger version of lincoln. I think both should stay but put more advertising on both. Lincoln needs to become the cadillac of gm

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
my milys sexy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.