FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In recent days I've been smelling coolant around my vehicle, mostly at idle, do our cooling systems gas off in some manner , causing the smell to develop. I don't have any leaks that I can find, fluid levels are normal, it just enters the cabin when idling at a stop light or something and heater is running, engine temps are normal too. Our coolant overflow tanks appear different then the old school kind, just wondering if they let off some pressure from time to time causing the odours. Any info would be helpful, thanks

Joey

·
Registered
613 Posts
It could be mold. A coolant leak into the blower doesnt sound right. I hate to sounds like a broken record, but this is something you should ask the dealership the next time you take it in. I haven't been under the hood of this car enough to know the line path to see if its even possible.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks or the reply, I don't think there is a leak in the heating system, but the odours enter from the engine bay sucked into the cabin while the blower is running at idle. Must be something in the engine bay letting out the smell. I know the overflow tank on this car is under pressure, unlike that of older systems, so I was wondering if it gasses off from time to time.

Joey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts