FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be installing a concealed display for my radar detector (Valentine 1) and I want to put it in the little space under the AC controls next to the lighter socket. I also want to install a switch next to the gear shifter. Before I start ripping things out, I wanted to have a little direction. I've heard that the bezel around the radio just pops off, but has anyone taken off the shifter and those pieces? I'll also need to run a cable up through the A-pillar through the headliner. What am I in for? Thanks.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I installed the remote readout for the Valentine in the plug just below the A/C in my V6 SEL. If you tilt the display just a little, it is an excellent location. I put the head unit on the passenger side visor. Seems to work as good in the Fusion as it did in my Taurus.

I ran the cord down the A pillar, using a screwdriver with tape on the blade (for protection) to push it in. The rubber pulls away nicely for this task. I did not remove the console - just routed the wire under the dash, tying it up where I could with cable ties, then stuffing it in the seam at the base of the console and to the remote readout.

Quick, easy, and no disassembly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was my original plan, but I didn't like the fact that it would alway be visible. In my Intrepid, I installed it in the ashtray, since it has a door. So... I have a Milan cupholder bezel on order. I'll install it in the forward cupholder. Should be snazzy. As for the actual unit, I'll use the suction cup thingy and put it just to the left of the frit band. My girlfriend would not like not being able to use the visor. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts