FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On damp mornings, usually after it rains, I have very heavy condensation on the bottom of my windshield just above the passenger side airbag. It is in the same spot every time and not random like the dew on the outseid of the windshield. It did it today cus I went to the car wash yesterday. The condensation is heavy enough so that it isnt just fog, it forms droplets on of water on the inside.

Is this normal? Or is the windshiled not sealed properly all along the bottom? I need to know what I should have my service department looks for so they dont tell me "thats normal. I have never seen this on any of the 7 vehicles I have owned in the past.

·
Registered
619 Posts
First thing I would check is to see if the defroster is putting out air evenly across the windshield. Put the car in full front defrost mode and crank the fan to high. Is the temperature and air flow the same all the way across the front of the car?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is. This condensation doesnt form when the defrost is on. It forms when the car sits overnight.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I would GUESS there is a problem with the seal at the base of the windshield. Usually when I get condensation at the base of the windshield, it goes all the way across and is easily eliminated by a few seconds in defrost mode.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine took the entire 20 minute commute to work plus a minute or 2 in the parking garage once I parked.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Sounds like you may have a windshield that is improperly sealed. I would have the dealer look at this as soon as you can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts