FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's a lot of experienced people on this forum (particularly with the "senior" and moderator community, so I was hoping some of you could help me.

The past few months, I've had some relatives and friends contact me with a simple problem they're having with their computers. For whatever reason, their screens are rotating 90 or 180 degrees... seemingly by themselves! It's easy enough to walk them through getting their screens oriented correctly, but the cause is what's got me stumped.

Here's a few patterns I've noticed:

All of the people with this issue have budget model Dell's.
Consequently, they're all using some variant of Intel's crappy integrated graphics.
My brother-in-law is HORRIBLE at typing... he's all over the place
A co-worker has MS and frequently hits keys he didn't mean to.

Those clues all lead me to believe that Intel has a "keyboard key sequence" for their video adapters that allows you to quickly rotate the screen. Can anyone else confirm this? I've tried researching this but I haven't had any luck. Since I build all of my own computers, I don't have much experience with the garbage parts Dell puts into their sad little budget machines. I'd probably have better luck at home because I have a lot to do at work.

That's why I figured I'd tap you guys for your knowledge! Any insight you can share would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Ctrl+Shift+R Stop using that and the screen wont rotate any more ;) Well at least this is what the intel default screen rotate command is...which incidentally is also the command to reply to an email in outlook....dumb intel..

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
man, I have an intel integrated vid. card on this laptop and just tried hitting [ctrl] + [shift] + [r] 100 times and nothing happend :wtc:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
pfft... you need to change the flux capacitor! :madthrow:

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=holeydonut link=topic=29531.msg409611#msg409611 date=1126889622]
Windows XP Home
[/quote]

Shit... that's what my brother-in-law has. Do you install all of the updates for XP?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Are your friends drinking heavily while computing?

"Paw! that dang computer's flipped it's show screen again!"

"Can ya feel carpet on ones of yer ears?"

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
[quote author=MetalCord link=topic=29531.msg409674#msg409674 date=1126892434]
[quote author=holeydonut link=topic=29531.msg409611#msg409611 date=1126889622]
Windows XP Home
[/quote]

Shit... that's what my brother-in-law has. Do you install all of the updates for XP?
[/quote]

Interestingly, there's a new update that my computer just downloaded, but I haven't restarted in a while and haven't installed it........

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Perhaps one of the service packs has something to do with it. Oh well. It's simple enough to fix the problem when it happens. I'll just keep tallying up favors and cash them in on Christmas!

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Whatever mang - come christmas they're going to say they had to buy a new computer and couldn't afford you any presents.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Just disable Rotation in the Intel Graphics Property so that they can't do it anymore.

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[quote author=dhl link=topic=29531.msg409881#msg409881 date=1126899506]
Just disable Rotation in the Intel Graphics Property so that they can't do it anymore.
[/quote]

Awww.. I don't want to go over there... they'll make me do other stuff!!

OH.. nevermind! I can use Remote Desktop! TADA!! :woohoo:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts