FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
If you have the $$ and an amp- go with the components. If not, a good coax will work. I have kenwood coax with an amp, and they sound very good. If I'd had the money, I would have done components. I'm a big JL audio fan (my sub is JL), but I don't know much about their other speakers. That size would fit though.

·
Registered
359 Posts
depends on budget...

if you have some extra cash go with components. if you want to save a few bucks, not go high end but an upgrade from stock go with coaxs. Its prefered components but cash dictates everything ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
You will achieve better sound staging with components. There is no way around this. By seperating the placements of the mids and highs you will accomplish a much cleaner sound. It would only be worth doing components with an aftermarket amp IMO. If you just want to get some better speakers without having to run extra amps then a decent set of Coaxials will work better on low power.

·
Registered
221 Posts
[quote author=NaplesBill link=topic=79723.msg1468518#msg1468518 date=1181232010]
You will achieve better sound staging with components. There is no way around this. By seperating the placements of the mids and highs you will accomplish a much cleaner sound. It would only be worth doing components with an aftermarket amp IMO. If you just want to get some better speakers without having to run extra amps then a decent set of Coaxials will work better on low power.
[/quote]

Ditto.

Most components are more in-efficient than regular coaxiials b/c of the crossovers. Most componenets are designed to handle a lot of power as well.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Components all the way baby!!!!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have owned, Boston Acoustics, Rockford, and Memphis Components, all running off a 400 watt 4 channel amp and I must say the memphis blow the other two out of the water. The Memphis run about 300$ while the rockfords run almost 500$. My advice from having heard them all, go with memphis, there subs are also pretty good. :bowdown:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts