FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a '08 Fusion and have a problem with the compass, on the driver message center I get a message saying "Compass Data Error" I set the correct compass zone and tried to calibrate but it will not. After setting compass zone if I exit without calibration it displays N for north on message center but does not change no matter what direction I am driving and when ignition is turned off and on again "Compass Data Error" re-appears. I've read the other related issues on this form but do not apply in my case.

Anyone know without having to take it to the dealer ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had the battery out of the car for a couple days because of a different matter and after reconnecting it the message center no longer displays compass data error nor does it display the direction anymore or the compass in the info menu. This is fine with me since I don't need the compass.

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
This may or may not apply as this was for a Ford Edge:

"What you have to do is press the mode button on the driver info center (DIC). Press and hold the set button for 3 seconds. The DIC will display the zone. This is what part of the country you live in. What state your in. I don`t know what Zone your in so I don`t know if it is in the correct zone or not. They go from i-15. This will determine how accurate your compass will be. If you press set it will change the zones. If it is the correct zone then press the mode set button til the DIC displays calibrate compass. Press set and the DIC will tell you to drive in circles. Find a large empty parking lot to do this. The DIC will say calibrating. When the compass shows direction and temperature it is done calibrating and you can stop driving in circles. Hope this helps and good luck."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Error came back again today for no apparent reason, calibration procedure does not work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts