FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the diff between the Silver and the Tungsten color. Is Tungsten just darker in color.

I was at the dealer this weekend and *thought* I saw a greyish purple car that was ugly, was that maybe the Charcoal Beige???

The dealer that I am using, 2ish hours away, has a Tungsten SEL that fit my criteria. But I don't want to get a color that I hate.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have the tungsten silver and it has a gray/blue/purple look in sunlight. It doesn't look anything like silver to me. If anything, it would likely be mistaken for gray. I don't think charcoal beige is available for 2007, but I may be mistaken. Check my cardomain site below and you can see numerous pictures of tungsten silver.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, that doesn't look too bad...Just like a dark grey imo.

I'm trying to have the dealer find me white or silver, but I think that I could live with the tungsten. The one he called about has the tan leather, I think that would look classy.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Maybe the purple one was the new color for 2007 dk amethyst. I like it. The only comment I have about the tan interior is that the carpet is impossible to keep clean. I also have some marks on the headliner that I have no idea how to clean. Beware the tan interior. :) I do love the color though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I love the tungsten silver. It seems to have a slight purple hue to it when the light hits it a certain way. I wish that color was available on the Milan, as I think I've decided to go with the Milan over the Fusion. The Milan has tungsten gray, which is darker.

·
Registered
910 Posts
My dealer had dark amtehyst and also the tungsten silver you speak of. The dark amethyst is hideous to me and I would imagine anyone who dislikes purple. I believe its metallic also with the little flakes in it. Now the tungsten silver you speak of I also dislike when I saw it I was confused as to what it was-gray? purple? something else? Dark gray would be great but not this

1 - 8 of 8 Posts