Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
********SALE CLOSED********for now at least

As requested by a few of my deadpedal buyers, I am going to start production of a matching pedal set for the mazda 3. :D This is freetime "after my day job / home workshop" type of work for me, so my production rate is rather slow. I will handle these orders exactly like the way I handled the deadpedal orders.....waitlist entry & pay only when I'm finished w/ your request. Since I have quite a few open deadpedal orders, I will only work on the pedal sets part-time, w/ a estimated production rate of 2-3 per week. Once I have caught up w/ the dp orders I will switch to full-time production w/ an estimated rate of a 4-5 sets per week. Also, bundled orders (deadpedal plate & pedal set) will be offered after i have caught up on the waitlists.

General Info:

Since the pedals sets involve the 'control' system of the vehicle, I will have to issue the following disclaimer with every sale. The following disclaimer will be appended to every sale/invoice.
Disclaimer:
By purchasing this item, the buyer agrees that the seller (sok07) is not responsible for any injuries or damages cause by improper installation or use.
With that said....

The new design of the set will fit the 2006 Mazda3 models, and can also be installed on the previous model years of the Mz3. The pedal sets will be cut from 0.1" thick 6061-T6 Aluminum and formed to closely match the the profile of the stock pedal pads. The holes are drilled and countersuck to flush-mount the #6-32 3/4" long machine screws. The finish on the pedal set will be bare and etched. I will bring it as close as I can to match the painted metallic silver finish of the deadpedal plate. The pedal set will require the removal of the stock rubber pads and drilling 2 holes for each plate. Hardware will be supplied ( stainless steel machine screws, washers & nylon-insert lock nuts). High-strength 3M double sided tape will be applied on both the top and bottom of each plate to supplement the mounting hardware.

Options are....

• MT or AT application
    bare or with non-skid (NS) strips

Pictures:

Manual Transmission (MT) set design:
bare

w/ Non-skid (NS)

click on pictures for larger view
***Note: For the MT set .... The brake pedal has the lower right hand corner trimmed to gain as much clearance as possible. I've tried my best to incorporate a "clearance" option into the design of the set. The mounting holes for the clutch and brake are similarly spaced & symmetrical. Therefore, both the brake and clutch are interchangeable and also both can be inverted. ***

Automatic Transmission (AT) set:
bare

w/ Non-skid (NS)

click on pictures for larger view

Pricing: ( in USD )

Item Price: (prices subject to change)
AT set, bare: $30.00
AT set, w/ NS : $31.50
=======================
$1 from each sale will be contributed to Mazda3forums

Shipping & Packaging:

• USA ( via USPS first-class mail ) = $2.75
    Canada ( via Airmail Letter Post ) = $3.25
    Global ( via USPS Global Priority Mail ) = $5.50

Forms of Payments accepted:

• Paypal, if paying via payPAL please add $1.25 to cover the 3% + $0.30 PayPAL fee.
    Money Order (my mailing address will be given after I complete your order)

How to calculate the total costs (two examples)....

• MT set w/ NS, shipped within US, paid via PayPAL
    Item Price: $32.50
    Shipping (in US): + 2.75
    Paypal fee: + 1.25
    =====================
    Total: $36.50

• AT set bare, shipped to Canada, paid via money order
    Item Price: $30.00
    Shipping (to Canada): + 3.25
    ========================
    Total: $33.25

Ordering and Contact Info:

Please send all orders/requests and correspondence (questions, comments, suggetstions etc.) to [email protected] . Your request/order should include the following.....

• Mazda3forums username
  • Country of Residence
    (for calculating shipping costs)

• Specify the model year of your Mz3
    (determines placement of the 3M tape; 1.25" from centerline for '06 models & 1.125" for '04-'05 models)

• Type of pedal set
    (i.e. - MT set, blank)
You will then be placed in queue on the waitlist, and entries will be filled on a "first-come, first-served basis".

Since I am working on deadpedal plate orders at the same time, expect a 'short - mild' delay in my reply :)

Thanks,

sok07

Installation Overview

• Remove the stock rubber pads off of the brake & clutch pedal.
    You'll need both 1/8" and 5/32" drill bits. Mark and drill the holes using the 1/8" bit first. The double sided tape will help hold the pedal in place as you mark where to drill the holes. I suggest drilling one hole and then temporarily mounting it to make sure the second hole is marked & drilled correctly.
    Use the 5/32" bit to open up the holes on the metal brake pedal for the screws to pass cleanly through. As for the plastic clutch & accel the 1/8" bit will leave just enough material to tap the machine screws into the pedal itself.
    Be sure to install the accel pedal high enough such that it doesn't bottom out at full throttle application.
    Also be sure to install the brake pedal a bit to the right a bit such that the lower right hole clears the welded arm on the back of the brake pedal.

·
Registered
220 Posts
FS: AT & MT Pedal Sets for the Mazda3

Good work, Dan.. Since I'm waiting on a deadpedal, I will also take a set of these when they're ready and complete the set..

Email sent..

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Anybody else having problem viewing the pictures or links? If so, I will move all the pedal set stuff to a different, more dependable webserver.

·
Registered
141 Posts

email sent!
looking forward to getting my pedals to match :D

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I don't have an instruction sheet right now....but the install is pretty straightforward. Using a 1/8" drill bit you should be able to tackle the install following AutoXer's walkthrough.

i.e. - place the pedal plate in the desired position & drill the one of the holes. Temporarily mount it, and mark the second hole. Remove the plate, and drill out the second hole. Doing this will ensure that the spacing is correct for each set. The pedal sets are basically one-offs, so the hole spacing & configuration will be slightly different from set to set.....I admit, I'm no CNC machine.

·
Registered
10,527 Posts

So they don't go over the rubber, they are actual replacement covers?

·
Registered
52 Posts

Cool looking set. 8) Count me in. Email sent.

Cheers,

Rad Eddie

·
Registered
341 Posts

did u get my email sok, i cant open ur waitlist up or see the pics or anything.

·
Registered
853 Posts

Ok...I would like to be added to the MT set waitlist please. You do great work..I love it.

Nice dead pedal that autoxer did...goes nice with the interior.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts

sok07... I'll take a MT n/s set, thrown on my deadpedal too (not sure if you got the email, but I take it you're pretty busy)

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Yeah...a bit busy. :) I will do my best to reply to all of your requests tomorrow morning. I'm still trying to figure out how to handle the combo requests (deadpedal & pedal sets) while still trying to maintaining some sense of order.

Anyhow.....
I'll enter names into the waitlist in the order received at my yahoo mail acct...so please if you haven't already forward your order there. From now on, when making order requests be sure to also put your Mz3 forums username in the subject line. It'll be much easier for me to reference. Also be sure to mention your location (US, Canada, etc.) in your email so I can go ahead and get an idea to where I will be sending the item to.

Thanks,

Daniel (sok07)

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I've gone through my inbox and have replied and entered all of the requests I have received so far. If you have contacted me requesting a pedal set and you fail to see your username in the waitlist, please resend your request to [email protected].

Thanks,

Daniel (sok07)

·
Registered
4,287 Posts

I see you took my suggestion from AIM to put the waitlists in your Sig :wink:

Can't wait to hear when you will be working on my set :)

·
Premium Member
129 Posts

Email sent

1 - 20 of 263 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.