FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have 2010 Fusion hybrid. I am starting on my 4th half tank of fuel. Filled 3/4 of a tank, down to 1/4 tank, and filled to 3/4. I have never had an auto that has not cleared CEL's after a few runs so that it is emissions ready. 163,000 showing on odometer. After It didn't go ready the first 3/4 to 1/4 run I cleared memory and now going on the 4th half fill.
Any thoughts or advice?
New to the club, thank you for your help. Greg

·
Super Moderator
5,981 Posts
Hello all, I have 2010 Fusion hybrid. I am starting on my 4th half tank of fuel. Filled 3/4 of a tank, down to 1/4 tank, and filled to 3/4. I have never had an auto that has not cleared CEL's after a few runs so that it is emissions ready. 163,000 showing on odometer. After It didn't go ready the first 3/4 to 1/4 run I cleared memory and now going on the 4th half fill.
Any thoughts or advice?
New to the club, thank you for your help. Greg
Hi Greg and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. There are CEL's/DTC's because the OBDII system senses some sort of problem/problems. Have the underlying problems which led to the CEL's/DTC's been fixed?

They will not clear until the problems are fixed.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What monitor hasn't become ready? Are you trying to get enough of them all ready to pass emissions?

Some of them are harder than others to get to pass when it is cold, some won't even run. Have you taken a look at the drive cycle to see what is needed for the one that isn't executing or completing?

In my state you can pass a 2001 or newer vehicle with one monitor not ready (as long as it doesn't set the CEL when it runs the monitor and fails).

I had one problem child vehicle for emissions, it was a 1997, so I could have 2 monitors not ready, so when I saw this, I went to the emissions test before it ran and failed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If it is EVAP, it is ambient temperature sensitive (30-95 degrees, however it usually passes in the summer for me at 110+ degrees). If it cannot be run due to temperatures, if you let it sit for 8 hours after attempting, it will bypass the check.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I went to car scanner for a new app, needed trans. temp for correct level (atf change) Not sure why it was showing Car Scanner was showing not ready. Reloaded Torque, came up ready!
I must not have car scanner figured out.
Thanks for the help.
Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts