FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I was curious if there is a way to either remove or install clear marker lights on the side. I am referring to the yellow/orange reflectors on the quarter panels in front of the front wheel wells. I have a white car and think it would look great without this yellow eye-sore on the side... so any help or advice would be much apreciated! Thanks!

G

·
Their is/was a thread on this. Their are no clear ones yet. However someone painted his black and they look pretty slick, at least on his black car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok i think I have an idea.... but first... how easy it is to take the yellow housing off... say if you were to tint them?

Can someone give me some step by steps? Does it pop right off? I dont wanna try to pull it off and then snap something...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Their is a complete service and repair manual available on E-bay. It's the same as what the dealer uses. It will have full and complete disassembly and reassembly instructions.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks man, but im not trying to buy a service manual on ebay just to learn how to take the lights out... i assumed they snapped out (cause ford likes to snap practically everything in on their cars for some reason) but as i was pulling at it a little, it wasnt really coming off and I didnt want to snap...

Any of you guys who have tinted your side marker lights or who know in general... how did you get them off?

·
Registered
596 Posts
<<had to find out on my own how to pop it out... took me what? 10 seconds to get it?
grab onto the side of the reflector that's closer to the wheel of your car and lightly but with pressure pull it into yourself.. and it would pop out at that side of the side marker (the one closer to wheel) is held by a clip/clamp. Then, once popped that out, slide it towards the wheel and your a done....

·
Registered
313 Posts
The factory manual says to raise the car on a jack, remove the inner fender liner, then reach in and squeeze the mounting tabs on the marker lamp to remove it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
[quote author=yeloxr7 link=topic=74220.msg1361868#msg1361868 date=1177451577]
The factory manual says to raise the car on a jack, remove the inner fender liner, then reach in and squeeze the mounting tabs on the marker lamp to remove it.
[/quote]Beats guessing and f--king something up!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts