FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waaaay back in the day, my Dad had a 1963 Ford Fairlane 500. On it he had a set of Cragar 5 spoke chrome mags (we called em mags back then, not rims or wheels). And when you looked at em, you knew they were made of metal. I have never been a big fan of chrome except perhaps two places. Bumpers and rims. Some of you old farts can remember big chrome bumpers, but what about the rims? My gripe about a good portion of the chrome rims these days is they don't look like metal any more. They look like shiny plastic. Ever seen the 'chromed' parts in a model car kit? Exactly. Any of the rest of you over 40's know what I mean or is my eyesight just fading faster than I thought it was... :)

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I do....I do remember! Back in the day when ya wanted yer chrome "chromin" it was all about steel wool, brillo and sos pads. I had a 70 SS Nova back in the day and someone ripped off my rally caps and bands. Well, the dealer was higher'n camel p^%$y so I bought some "aftermarket" stuff at a local flea/swap and shop. I remember thinking what a bunch of plastic POS! Now, LO and behold---I pay 7 times as much for a car and AAAALLLL the chrome -er plastic is that way. Yes----I remember!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
R we the only old farts here? :shock:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you ever drink a soda with a pull tab on the can? The one that came all the way off? ;)

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Do you remember looking forward to Saturday morning 'cause thats the only time cartoons were on----did ya have a lime green bike with a "bananer" seat? If so---you may be defined.

·
Registered
198 Posts
[quote author=Skull_Cowboy link=topic=83853.msg1580583#msg1580583 date=1185279697]
Did you ever drink a soda with a pull tab on the can? The one that came all the way off? ;)
[/quote]
Those suckers were sharp!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I asked my daughters........they said 30 makes it official...I have one foot in the grave already, at least thats what I'm told. :lol:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=83853.msg1580895#msg1580895 date=1185289424]
I asked my daughters........they said 30 makes it official...I have one foot in the grave already, at least thats what I'm told. :lol:
[/quote]

BAH! 30 is still a youngster. I'm approaching 48 so I guess I'm ancient by that yardstick. NOT! Besides, I am a firm follower of the adage:
Old age and treachery beats youth and enthusiasm every time. :twisted:
Saturday morning cartoons? Road Runner and Bugs Bunny. And my Schwinn Stingray was burnt orange with the black banana seat. :)

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=83853.msg1580895#msg1580895 date=1185289424]
[/quote]

Damn, I will be 30 next year. Guess its about over!

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=Skull_Cowboy link=topic=83853.msg1582696#msg1582696 date=1185320702]

BAH! 30 is still a youngster. I'm approaching 48 so I guess I'm ancient by that yardstick. NOT! Besides, I am a firm follower of the adage:
Old age and treachery beats youth and enthusiasm every time. :twisted:
Saturday morning cartoons? Road Runner and Bugs Bunny. And my Schwinn Stingray was burnt orange with the black banana seat. :)
[/quote]

Hello Skull_Cowboy. :wavey: Another here for the "old farts" list. I am older than you (not by a lot, but still older). Yes, I remember when "Chrome Wheels" were not just "chrome clad", like some (many) are now, when you order them OEM.

Not only have I drank from a can with the old style pull tab, but we used to make chains out of the tabs from the cases of beer we would buy on the weekends (in high school)! Very long chains, if you catch my drift. :whistle:

Cartoons: Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, the Road Runner, the Tasmanian Devil, Davey and Goliath (Sunday mornings).

Black and white television, only channels 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13! Cable T.V.? Hah, didn't even exist!

I could go on and on, but the younger members will get bored (Attention Deficit Disorder). :popcorn:

Good luck all! :cheers:

PS - Only kidding about the A.D.D.! :hug:

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I graduated high school in the 80's. Does that make me a semi-old fart? Not as old as Skull and bbf but I'll be upper 30's in a couple months. :lol:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
hey bbf---you guys musta had a curtis mathis or something. We only got 2 channels---3 and 9. I knew my old man was a tight wad but jeeezz! All the education I missed....no wonder i'm dainbramaged. :screwy:

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=83853.msg1583303#msg1583303 date=1185331942]
hey bbf---you guys musta had a curtis mathis or something. We only got 2 channels---3 and 9. I knew my old man was a tight wad but jeeezz! All the education I missed....no wonder i'm dainbramaged. :screwy:
[/quote]

:lmao: Hi HALOREALM. :wavey: Well, I guess that was one of the advantages of living in NJ, about a 30-40 minute drive southwest of New York City. We received all of the NYC channels.

Back then, my family was considered the "country cousins" of the family. We lived in the suburbs, as opposed to my cousins in Jersey City.

Not as country as Tennessee though (indoor or outdoor plumbing)?

Speaking of "Dainbramage", always remember, as I quote a good friend of mine, "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!"

Good luck! :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts