FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,779 Posts
Someone buy it just to get it off the market. And how the hell are they asking $265.00 for a bumper that matches nothing and has a dent? And how does it have a dent? It it metallic or painted chrome colored or what? I'm confused. If it was carbon fiber I'd buy it.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I've seen that stuff. I have been thinking about using it on all the plastic chrome that is showing age on my 66 Mercury Comet. The instrument bezel, arm rest bases, plastic trim on door panels all need "rechroming".

·
Super Moderator
6,018 Posts
Hi guys. :wavey: It is not a "chrome bumper". The ad clearly states it is an "OEM" bumper. One of the photos has the part tag which states "06-09 Milan Rear WO Sensors Rub Bumper".

While I may have missed it in the ad copy, I did not notice it being described as a "chrome bumper" anywhere. Either way, it is simply a painted plastic OEM bumper. Might be a chrome lookalike paint (which is damaged and chipping off), but still just a painted plastic bumper.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I NEVER SAID WOW LOOK METAL MILAN BUMPER OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just like WTF a chrome looking painted bumper of some sorts

Edit: sorry about caps, I use all caps at work and sometimes I don't catch it when posting on here.

·
Super Moderator
6,018 Posts
[quote author=Mercury_66Comet_07Milan link=topic=186136.msg3931405#msg3931405 date=1297437482]
I NEVER SAID WOW LOOK METAL MILAN BUMPER OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just like WTF a chrome looking painted bumper of some sorts

Edit: sorry about caps, I use all caps at work and sometimes I don't catch it when posting on here.
[/quote]

Hi Mercury_Comet. :wavey: I never said nor inferred you did say any of the above.

If I am referring to what a particular person may have stated, I quote their post (as everyone should). In this way, it is clear what/who a reply is referring to. And I never quoted your post or the reply of anyone else.

There are others who have posted in this thread and I was simply answering the question they have asked concerning whether it is a "chrome bumper" or not.

Hope this makes it more understandable.

·
Super Moderator
6,018 Posts
[quote author=biggee72 link=topic=186136.msg3931413#msg3931413 date=1297437745]
Regardless of what the description says it looks chrome to me from the picture.
[/quote]

Hi biggee. :wavey: I am not trying to begin a debate here, just trying to provide the answer to a question that some people were wondering in this thread. Whatever it may look like in the pictures, the correct information is that it is not a "chrome bumper". It may be painted with a chrome look-alike paint, but it is simply a painted OEM bumper.

·
Super Moderator
6,018 Posts
[quote author=Mercury_66Comet_07Milan link=topic=186136.msg3931452#msg3931452 date=1297439089]
the main question is why did someone make "an OEM bumper" chrome painted looking, shiny, retarded, "Dubai look", $265 bucks, dented, ugly etc etc....
[/quote]

Hi Mercury. :wavey: I agree with you 100%. :hug:

However, as they sometimes say (whoever "they" are), "There is no accounting for taste". :eek4: :lmao:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts