FordFusionClub.com banner

Check this piece of sh** out!!!!!!!

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Jaysen 
#1 ·
Hey all. I got kind of pissed when I saw this shit on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...tegoryZ38634QQihZ010QQitemZ200100410113QQrdZ1

So, I asked the seller the basic questions about the so called "Cold Air Intake", such as does it have a location for the mass airflow sensor (MAF). Guess what this dumb ass told me: "No. So this item may not be applicable for your vehicle." :x :x I told him I have a Ford Fusion, and his ad has on the description for this shit "Ford COld Air Intake...Fusion". I got really upset knowing that dumb ass people try to make crap in their basements that must be professionally made and taken through thorough testing and try to make a quick dollar on E-Bay, and people who don't know any better buy this shit!!! Pisses me off!!!!!. I am so glad I found this forum, because would have been one of the ones to probably buy it.

#5 ·
Hey, this guy just e-mailed me back saying that some models have the sesor located in other places besides the intake. He is speaking really dumb right now, and it is funny as hell. How about some of you send him some questions and maybe we can discourage him from trying to sell this shit to people who want more out of their vehicles but don't know any better.

#6 ·
[quote author=UnderEstimated link=topic=75251.msg1352635#msg1352635 date=1177084182]
More junk on eBay. Good thing you didn't buy it.

I don't think I'd buy any performance related part on eBay unless it was brand name i.e. (K&N filter, Flowmaster, etc.)
[/quote]

Bingo, Only buy brand name. I always follow the wise old saying of "If it sound to good to be true, it probably is."
I say this yesterday as well, looks like it's designed to suck up water!

[quote author=mtl1977 link=topic=75251.msg1352944#msg1352944 date=1177091263]
Ebay, Craigslist...they're all a joke. Nothing but scammers and thieves.
[/quote]

Not entirely true, I use both semi often, just use your head and the same saying above ^^^^

#12 ·
Look fellas, I really don't know what you all huffin and puffin about here.
The OP browsed for a possible (CHEAP-er) CAI mod on EBAY for his Fusion and found a $20.00 (CHEAP, as he were looking for) mod that now he is not happy how it's made because it's not the same built, quality, nor does it have all the required (where to place the sensor) as the one for $300 from Steeda (for example).. it's simple really.. you get what you pay for... IMO he is not scamming anyone off since he is not selling it for $300 and claiming it to be the same as a Steeda CAI, in stead he is selling it for $20... therefore, go construct an air sensor inlet for what ever money ($30 more???) and you get to still save some money as this was the reason why the OP or whoever else is on ebay in the first place; looking save money by spending less for "more."

If you want something to function properly with great results, then chip out on $300 and invest in a quality product...rather than b!tching about a seller who's product you think is a joke.

once again... just my $0.02... thanks for reading

#14 ·
[quote author=TheRussian link=topic=75251.msg1354999#msg1354999 date=1177180402]
Look fellas, I really don't know what you all huffin and puffin about here.
The OP browsed for a possible (CHEAP-er) CAI mod on EBAY for his Fusion and found a $20.00 (CHEAP, as he were looking for) mod that now he is not happy how it's made because it's not the same built, quality, nor does it have all the required (where to place the sensor) as the one for $300 from Steeda (for example).. it's simple really.. you get what you pay for... IMO he is not scamming anyone off since he is not selling it for $300 and claiming it to be the same as a Steeda CAI, in stead he is selling it for $20... therefore, go construct an air sensor inlet for what ever money ($30 more???) and you get to still save some money as this was the reason why the OP or whoever else is on ebay in the first place; looking save money by spending less for "more."

If you want something to function properly with great results, then chip out on $300 and invest in a quality product...rather than b!tching about a seller who's product you think is a joke.

once again... just my $0.02... thanks for reading
[/quote]
He's selling it as a "direct-fit" in all practicality, it won't fit correctly. You do get what you pay for... It's junk.

#15 ·
Yes, it is junk.... therefore people shouldn't try being cheap when it comes to mods but instead chip out on the real thing instead of buying junk.

#16 ·
[quote author=bluovalboy link=topic=75251.msg1353843#msg1353843 date=1177111362]
I like how it costs more to ship than to buy. Sweet.
[/quote]

Plenty of sellers do that so they don't have to pay as much in fees to ebay. Ebay takes a percentage of the selling price but not the shipping price.

#17 ·
[quote author=xxfirepunk link=topic=75251.msg1356263#msg1356263 date=1177260092]
Plenty of sellers do that so they don't have to pay as much in fees to ebay. Ebay takes a percentage of the selling price but not the shipping price.
[/quote]

:werd:

#18 ·
My thing is that the ad is mileading. He doesn't say that there is no location for the MAF sensor. He could have even put it in small writing. The ad "guarantees" more horsepower and gas mileage. He should put this on the ad: This product has not been fully tested on the specified vehicles. Buyer assumes alls risks taken when installing this product on the specified vehicles."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.