FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really know much about what can be done with cars so fogive me if this sounds dumb, but can the front orange signal lights be changed to a different colour? Possibly white or a blue ??

I have no clue where to even start looking for this sort of thing. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
[quote author=breedonj link=topic=87567.msg1674110#msg1674110 date=1188295549]
I don't really know much about what can be done with cars so fogive me if this sounds dumb, but can the front orange signal lights be changed to a different colour? Possibly white or a blue ??

I have no clue where to even start looking for this sort of thing. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
[/quote]

Hi breedonj. :wavey: Are you asking if it's legal? In the U.S, legally, no you can't. Especially not blue (blue and red are reserved for emergency vehicles).

In Canada, I am not sure what the Motor Vehicle laws are concerning this type of lighting modification. You could probably get away with taking out the orange and leaving it clear, but technically it may still be illegal in Canada. Hopefully another Forum member with knowledge of Canadian Motor Vehicle laws can verify this.

Of course, there will be members who will now tell stories of how they have done it and never been stopped or ticketed. Well, that is great and I wish them continued good luck. However, it is illegal in the U.S. and may be illegal in Canada. So, like doing anything else against the law, you take your chances.

If you are asking if it is possible to do it, then yes it is possible. You need to take apart the light housing and remove the orange lens. Be prepared to wind up breaking yours, and having to buy an expensive new light housing.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very true. I wasn't even thinking of that. lol. Thans though. I am just trying to think of some cost efficient ways to make some changes since I am super broke!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I changed the front turns on my ride with the Silverstar bulbs. They have a psychedelic look during the day but they still light up Orange when turning. It's a cool little mod for very little money and it's very legal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.