FordFusionClub.com banner

Center Console

7K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  FusionFanatic 
#1 ·
I was sitting around and I just thought about different custom mods for lighting.

I think it would be pretty cool to have some sort of tube or neon lighting for the center consel. Maybe automatic when it is opened they come on or a small un-noticeable switch.

Im not sure maybe this is already out. Does anyone know about it ?

:D

#4 ·
Re: Center Consel

i think you mean console :whistle:

anywho, theirs a guy who changed out his leds in his console on his fusion, i dont remember his name. but he changed all the green to blue and it looked sweet.

#5 ·
Re: Center Consel

Lol yes console sorry.

So to get Ambient Lighting you must have the SAP ? =/ Yea I think it would be cool to have Blue or red and I saw vstar it looks good.

IF anyone has any help to this please post. I want to see some better ones of the console and the cupholders

1 more thing, Is it possible to change the color or the entire panel? I know ford wants to make it blue in the future but is there some way to change the color for all the background on the buttons ?

#6 ·
Hey Guys this is my new account (Im FusionFanatic19) My other was banned for some reason.......

#7 ·
[quote author=FusionManiac19 link=topic=92816.msg1814960#msg1814960 date=1193584341]
Hey Guys this is my new account (Im FusionFanatic19) My other was banned for some reason.......
[/quote]

You can't sell things on this site unless you follow the F/S rules. We were flooded with e-mails about spam. That is why your other acct was banned.

#8 ·
Oh Chris im sorry....I wasn't spamming I just posted a link to my site and I clearly stated why......I didnt mean to steal any one from u... :dur: :cheers:

#9 ·
[quote author=FusionManiac19 link=topic=92816.msg1815549#msg1815549 date=1193608088]
Oh Chris im sorry....I wasn't spamming I just posted a link to my site and I clearly stated why......I didnt mean to steal any one from u... :dur: :cheers:
[/quote]

PM Sent!

#11 ·
Lol yea anyways....Back to the console :koolaid:

#12 ·
Also as I had asked

So to get Ambient Lighting you must have the SAP ? =/ Yea I think it would be cool to have Blue or red and I saw vstar it looks good.

IF anyone has any help to this please post. I want to see some better ones of the console and the cupholders

1 more thing, Is it possible to change the color or the entire panel? I know ford wants to make it blue in the future but is there some way to change the color for all the background on the buttons ?

#13 ·
[quote author=FusionManiac19 link=topic=92816.msg1816118#msg1816118 date=1193628118]
Also as I had asked

[/quote]

my understanding is.... the ambient lighting is available on any model..
or it's available from http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com
look under 2008 fusion
Interior
Lamps, Lights & Treatments

It lists only the 2008, but don't know why it wouldn't fit the 2006-2007.

Interior Light Kit
Part Number: 8S4Z-13E700-AA
MSRP: $270.00

Interior lighting sets an engaging glow by adding flair, individuality and atmosphere to your vehicle, whenever the mood strikes. Kit includes one LED-generated light in the cupholder area and two light bars in the foot wells. Set your mood by scrolling through your choice of seven color options to create the perfect setting and ambiance for any driving occasion.

It's a neat thing, but not sure it's worth the $$$.
What you get is.... 4 LEDs (driver, pass, 2 rear seat) and the cup holders...
But like I said, not sure it's worth the money, but I can tell you all my girls (ages - 2, 6, & 33) love the lights... There are several colors ( I believe it's 6 or 7 different colors ), but we almost always have ours on RED

when we were test driving 5 spd cars.... We drove a 2007 black w/black inter SE (no SAP) that had the ambient lighting installed from the factory.

can't help you on the dash, but my guess.... it would be expensive or that very least a major p.i.t.a.

#14 ·
Wow Vstar That was what I was looking for. I really really appreciate your help. Thanks man =D :klavergreg: :cheers:

#17 ·
[quote author=sternyy link=topic=92816.msg1846910#msg1846910 date=1194821756]
i wonder if it would work with an 06...
[/quote]

No Idea
not sure why it wouldn't...

#19 ·
How would you find a power source? I guess you could just wire it into the radio harness, but the changing colors part is pretty cool from the factory kit.

#20 ·
Lol yea I didnt say I was gonna buy it dude lol I meant for having it on wen the car was made...(I dont know about the Console of the dash th :? :shock:eek:)

#21 ·
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=92816.msg1855688#msg1855688 date=1195095789]
How would you find a power source? I guess you could just wire it into the radio harness, but the changing colors part is pretty cool from the factory kit.
[/quote]you shouldn't power anyhting directly from the radio harness, its not designed to power extra devices.

you can power it from an un-used fuse slot. if you want it to turn on/off automatically (with the radio, heatlights, etc) then you can hook up a relay.

the color change is cool but it certainly doesn't justify the rediculous price. even with all the colors I can't picture somebody switching back and forth. normally you would choose which color you like and leave it there.

I've also seen light up speakers (I've only seen them in blue). replace all 4 door speakers and the whole interior floor space will light up. ;)

#23 ·
Well, when I looked really carefully last night around my cupholders there seems to be a couple of faint lines around the outside of the holders that seems like the lights would be really slim and fit right in.

Still, at $270 they can keep it.

#24 ·
I'm not near my car at the moment to verify this but I think the cup holders themselves are separate from the rest of the console panel (I think it bolts in from underneath). if that's the case then the light kit will probably use something like a thin acrylic ring(s) that get wedged in between the "cups" and the console panel. a few color change LEDs would light up the ring.

next time I pull up the console panel I'll check it out. even if that's not how the factory system works it would still be a good way to do it. clear acrylic is cheap (for small pieces) and all you'd have to do is drill a few holes and wire it up. I may do that sometime if I run out of other projects (if I still have this car that is ;))

#25 ·
We enjoy the factory Ambient Lighting option on my '08 Fusion. There are a total of seven color choices. With four drivers in our family (two teens), we have found we each have a favorite. I like the darker blue the best - - it produces the least glare on dark roads. Note that there is no dimming capability on the Ambient Lighting, but it can be turned off.

In addition to the lucite ring in the cupholders, there are LED ports in each front footwell, and two in the rear of the console to illuminate the rear footwells. The cupholder ring casts a nice glow, and it really lights up when you put water bottles in it!

Here are some pix. First is Aqua, then Red, then Aqua with bottles, and Blue with bottles. Then the front footwells and rear footwell.

#26 ·
Wow that looks GREAT Autoxr1 =]
Very Nice choice. I would definetly hook it up with that. I like the waterbottles too. :eek: :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.