FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was leaving Wal-Mart Saturday and my car started caughing like it was running out of gas. It eventually cut off. I was like, "What the ****!!!!" :x I started it again and it ran for 4 seconds and cut back off. :? I had to end up getting it towed to the nearest dealership. I called them today to request a rental, but the don't have a rental service. :x I called others in the next two nearest cities and they don't offer rental service. :x This has really pissed me off!!! :mad: They say that they offer only shuttle bus transportation. I stay in the country. I will have to get to the shuttle. I am thinking I have gotten some bad gas from a service station. If thats the case, I hope they don't try to refrain from fixing it because it is not a "warranty issue". My car has 30000 miles on it already. I feel I am going to trade it in sooner than I thought. Maybe at the end of the year.

·
Registered
221 Posts
sorry to hear that.

About the rental-- they have to provide you some form of courtesy transportation. It says so in their warranty. You can demand it. Worst case senario; have them get you a rental from a rental company at their discounted rate. then after repair is done, ask ford for re-imbersement.

About the car-- if the dealer says it is bad gas so out of warranty; ask them to prove it. And call ford customer service and complain about a dealer refusing warranty work. Unless you blatenly missed up the car (lack of maintenace, hit a curb, aftermarket mods); Ford or any auto company will warranty the car. Don't buy into the BS of bad gas.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealership called me back. The problem was a wrong air filter. I bought the air filter from Carquest, which they gave to me from behind the counter, which makes them responsable for the accuracy of the parts they hand to me. The filter was sucked into the housing and allowed trash to clog up the MAF, which means it is not a warranty issue. :x However, they said that they will note on the receipt of the issue and to go back to Carquest and demand them to reimburse me, which I would have done anyway. But what troubles me is that that means that trash has gotten sucked into the engine!!!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Kinda scares me about my KN filter. Hopefully nothing like this happens. best of luck

·
Registered
702 Posts
Don't worry, your K&N isn't made out of paper to fall apart like that. It's made with a metal wire mesh, it'll do great. Plus if he was given the wrong filter that means it was probably the wrong size and or thickness so it didn't stay sealed like it was supposed to.

Ceace, do you have the i4 or v6?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I always spend time and make sure an air filter fits very securely in the airbox and that all the tubing is tight.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Yeah to me the KN just has a better look and feel to it seemed better to me. Glad to know it has something going for it other than airflow, now if only they could also make it keep the junk out well to!

·
Registered
407 Posts
[quote author=otaku link=topic=72382.msg1277877#msg1277877 date=1174362722]
Yeah to me the KN just has a better look and feel to it seemed better to me. Glad to know it has something going for it other than airflow, now if only they could also make it keep the junk out well to!
[/quote]

Well, with more airflow comes more junk. The more air that comes out of my wifes mouth, the more junk comes spewing out. I know, it sucks, but it's life.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I have the I4. The bastards gave me a Ford Focus air filter. I put the air filter in and it seemed ok to me. I didn't pay attention to the fitment of the old one to make sure the new one fit the same way. My wife told the bastards about their mistake and they said that the installer should have noticed the difference and its not their fault. I am not going to trip though. I learned from this experience to pay attention to the original fitment of parts that I replace to make sure the new parts fit accurately. I am going to pick up my car today and look at the difference in the two. Kinda pisses me off I gotta pay $245.00 for their mistake. I would take them to small claims, but I refuse to waist that much time over $245.00, although that could have gotten my intake that has finally been developed. Those bastards will not get my hard earned money anymore. I was kinda skeptical about purchasing from a franchise auto parts store anyway. I usually go to Autozone.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have had problems with Carquest in the past also. Wrong parts. They will never get another penny of my money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.