Would you be interested in a COTM program

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if this has been kicked around or not but i know other sites i have been on has cars of the months. Is this something that we may want to look into. There are a ton of nicely modded cars out there. What i have seen is people nominate 2 to 3 members a month then let the entire forum vote on them. Moderators what do you think? Is this something that we can start up?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Re: Fusion, Milan, MKZ, Zephyr of the Month?????

great idea.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts

I love the idea. I just don't know if the headaches that have been discussed over at the Mazda 3 boards are worth it. If we decide there are enough members that are interested, maybe someone can help me manage the COTM. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=84064.msg1580505#msg1580505 date=1185271741]
I love the idea. I just don't know if the headaches that have been discussed over at the Mazda 3 boards are worth it. If we decide there are enough members that are interested, maybe someone can help me manage the COTM. :cheers:
[/quote]

I would be happy to help. I have been on many forums that have done this and seen how they do it. If you would like i can do a write up on how it all works with nominating and what not. Always happy to help. This is one of the best forums i have been on. Does not have alot of the "BS" that i have seen on other places.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts

I like the idea, but as Chris said, there is alot of issues with this in the m3f side. It would require a "Cotm director" if you will. However, we already have something very simlar to this thanks for Larry @ Steeda...being able to post pictures and such on a very well put together site ect. I am always down for something new!!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Car of the Month? What do you think?

We are trying to get an idea of how many of you are interested in a car of the month program. This would be strictly for bragging rights. Feel free to post any thoughts you have below.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

:D OK guys just got a PM from Chris and if there are enough people that want to do this it is a go. So please sign in if you want a Car Of The Month Award. Here is Aprox how it will be done.

Car of the Month Rules

1. Forum Member needs to nominate another forum member.
2. You cannot nominate your own car.
3. Nomination must be 2nd by another Forum Member.
4. When nominated a moderator or COTM sponsor will contact forum member to get write up on car and 3
pictures to submit for voting.
5. Max of 3 forum members will be picked each month to have the entire forum vote on.
6. Will only be allowed to vote once on a member.
7. At the end of the designated time frame a COTM will be posted.
8. They will be given and Avatar that states they are COTM for that month (example Aug 2007)
Up to winner if they choose to use it or not.
9. Member can only win once within a rolling calender year (example if someone won in Aug 2007 they cannot
win again until Sept 2008 a full year later.)

So if you like the idea of this for the forum please sign in. Thanks

http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=84196.0

·
Registered
221 Posts

I would like to add a section about COTM archives which has pics of the prevous COTMs winners.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

[quote author=pkoko link=topic=84064.msg1582643#msg1582643 date=1185319610]
I would like to add a section about COTM archives which has pics of the prevous COTMs winners.
[/quote]

i am sure Chris can do that. Any suggestions would be great. This is for the people on the forum so any ideas would be great.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I'm in! Now I just need to get off my ass and do some work on the car! So far just been keeping it clean and maintained no modding really! :(

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=otaku link=topic=84064.msg1583188#msg1583188 date=1185329142]
I'm in! Now I just need to get off my ass and do some work on the car! So far just been keeping it clean and maintained no modding really! :(
[/quote]

You do not need to mod the car up. Some times the best cars are just the cleanest ones out there.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi All...I concur with the COTM concept, rules, all above posts...mod/no mod et al! Terrific idea...have @ it.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Being a long time member of Taurus Car Club of America, I truly do miss COTM. Not only is it about an awesome car of the month, but the archives are a great place to view some of the best Fusions on the board.

I'm all for it.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Ok, looks like we will get this going shortly. Maybe even have a August COTM. :klavergreg: Stay tuned for more info.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.