FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a drastic rise for Ford, the Fusion ranked 2 out of 4 in C&D. The Accord EX above, the Sonata and Camry below. I have not yet actually read the article. Anybody care to scan it?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I will scan it if I can remember to bring it to work. Basically, the Fusion was the best to drive, though they thought the road noise and interior quality was not to the level of the Accord. Not to mention the Accord has almost 40 more hp. I think it ended up being pretty close. They did say that the Fusion was a very good deal though the Accord was about $3,500 more, and they were able to justify it. I don't think I could. The Camry was absolutely pathetic; 190 hp on premium gas, what a load of crap!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
190hp on Premium is down right dumb. I don't see spending an extra $3,500 bucks on a ugly Honda Accord. It is not justified. Paying for a H symbol on a overrated car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote author=ATL link=topic=33339.msg472722#msg472722 date=1131660085]
190hp on Premium is down right dumb.  I don't see spending an extra $3,500 bucks on a ugly Honda Accord.  It is not justified.  Paying for a H symbol on a overrated car. 
[/quote]

Where do you get the 190? I know my SEL gets 221 so they would be inferring that the Honda is above that right?

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=MParrott link=topic=33339.msg473465#msg473465 date=1131723783]
190hp on Premium is down right dumb. I don't see spending an extra $3,500 bucks on a ugly Honda Accord. It is not justified. Paying for a H symbol on a overrated car.
[/quote]

Where do you get the 190? I know my SEL gets 221 so they would be inferring that the Honda is above that right?
[/quote]

Camry gets 190

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
[quote author=MParrott link=topic=33339.msg473465#msg473465 date=1131723783]
190hp on Premium is down right dumb.  I don't see spending an extra $3,500 bucks on a ugly Honda Accord.  It is not justified.  Paying for a H symbol on a overrated car. 
[/quote]

[/quote]
Like MZZ said.  The Yoto sedan has 190hp

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thats SAD!!! I think my SE I4 already has 160 right :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hard to believe anyone can knock the fusion interior, or the noise factor. (I have an SEL)

All the controls make sense, and are laid out in an easy to use manner. Fan, temperature, stereo controls, are on the steering wheel, and within easy reach on the dash. The gauges are right in front, easy to read. The seats are very comfortable, with lumbar support and heat. Some may call it archaic because it’s simple, it works, and its devoid of flashy aluminum-but that’s what is so sweet. It feels like a car, not some techno fad....

This also is the quietest car I've ever owned- near zero wind noise, quiet engine, etc..

So stop comparing it to a 50K BMW and remember that this is a mainstream car, at an affordable price, and you'll just enjoy it so much more!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love the noise it makes!!!!!!!!! :) It's so Sweet the sound of the eninge around the curvey side roads,thats one the reasons I love the car so much ,bc of the sound of the engine!!!!!!!! I've driven the 2006 hyundai Sonata ,it drives ok,but it does not handle near as good,and its much rougher filing.And the FUsion has more power,even though the Hyundai is 3.3 and has more hp the Fusion fills much faster ,to me and it steers better,I like it better! Plus,the Fusion smells better,I swear the Hyundai has a weird smell too it,that may sound crazy,but google it and see,its true others have the smelled that new Hyundai smell.Even read on one site that reviewed the Hyundai and said that it had a toxic horrible smelling new car smell :( Just aonther reason to go with the Fusion baby!!!!!!!!!!! The greatest car you can buy :)

FusionRocket

·
Registered
261 Posts
damn straight, this feels like a car, and although it handles better it reminds me of the older cars I used to drive, I love road &
engine noise, it adds to the pleasure of driving, I hate completly quiet cars. I have only had one car that I hated to drive and
that was my F'n POS 2003 Ranger, after that for 3 years this brings back the pleasure to drive to me.

and yes I think too that the controls a re simple and well laid out, the interior is simple and easy to interface with. and I like the
"NO WOOD" look I never want to drive a Lincoln anything, it is an over glorified Ford and the interior of the Zephyr is stupid
looking. I want to drive a damn car not fly an airplane, all the aluminum trim (merc & linc) and other "Square" things (on Lincolns)
inside, look too out of place given the curves and layout of the exterior of the car.

and you can tell that the Fusion was the first car designed due to the layout of the car and the Mercury and Lincoln don't look right
because all the body lines that remain on the car...

1) how the rear bumper joins to the body, the M & L have different taillights that don't go with the curves as well
2) the available wheels for the M & L who needs more than 5 spokes, 7 and up don't look right.
3) the Lincoln grille and lights are too squarish for the somewhat curvy body.

the Ford and the Merc have very similar interiors but all that aluminum trim on the Merc to me stands out like a sore thumb
especially on the dark interiors.

But like I keep saying it's a family sedan not a sports car you want a sports car buy a Mitsu Eclipse or a Mustang.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts