FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I narrowed my choice between two fusions on the lot.... and cant really decided between which combination...

#1- Oxford White Fusion with Tan Interior- Fully Loaded SEL AWD with every option except Audiophile system

#2- Black Fusion with Light Stone Interior- Fully Loaded SEL AWD with every option INCLUDING audiophile system...

I was kind of leaning more towards the white, but I have never owned a white car and think it may be a pain to take care of. I do like the white and tan combo, it seems like it would be a pretty classy combination. I would plan on tinting the windows and maybe a dash kit...

However, I have always owned black cars, and they look really good with some nice tinted windows, all blacked out. I like the audiophile option, but theres something about the "stone" interior that I really dont like...

So what do you guys think?

·
Registered
833 Posts
My vote for the black. Both colors are tough to keep clean and looking good. When they are clean I think black looks the best. I also have a black/stone Milan.The stone interior grew on me. Hate/love the black (lol). Audiophile system is a bonus.

X & ryman Where in NJ are you? I live just outside of AC.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Of course I am going to vote for the white. I love the way white cleans up, and doesn't show the scratches as bad as the black.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Maintance wise I'd go white. Black is a pain in the ass to keep clean. I don't think that the stone looks very good, my parents have a milan with that, feels cheaper in there then in my car. A question for you, do you plan on having people in the back seat? I tested a premier milan with audiophile and it sounded VERY muddy in the back seat, it's not great in the non-audiophile fusion but not that bad either. I must say one thing though, I'm 20, and white is more of an older person's color, black seems more stylish for the youth. Another question for you, are you looking to attract a woman who wants money, or a sophisticated man who would love to have kids? Black for the money, white for the kids. Which reminds me, if you have kids black will show dirt easier from the oil of their fingerprints. Last question, what's the MSRP of the two cars?

P.S. diddo with Chris06Fusion ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eiching1, I moved to south orange recently to go to school at Seton Hall Law in Newark... I was originally from morris county, more towards northwestern NJ however. I think North Jersey sums it up enough though...

Mechanicboy... im a young guy myself, 23 to be exact, and in reality i could care less about the people in the back seat haha. My question is, does the sound quality really make a big difference between the audiophile and the stock am/fm/CDx6 stereo... im a big music fan and am always listening to music in my car... will i be dissapointed with the stock, non-audiophile system?
Im not looking to have kids anytime soon haha or attract a girl solely because of money lol... but i get what your saying... Is that a general consensus that white is more of an older color? I am trying to go the more "classy" route then the sporty "teenage" route... so would white be a better option? I dont want to look like a grandfather driving the car, but I also dont wanna look like some kid who just got his license lol...

any more suggestions?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Go with the White one. It is more forgiving to the elements and waterspots. That is why I bought a Lincoln Mark LT in Oxford White. Black is a excellent color and looks badass on the road, but I would never buy a Black exterior paint again for a daily driver car, unless it is your show car/ Sunday car. Black color paint is very hard to maintain and you must be on contant winning side and must be very anal how you car wash the dark vehicle. Use only the best in car wash soaps, finishers (wax, Polish, sealers, and Auto Detailing Clay's). Yeah, I owned a few dark colored motor vehicles in the past and was very anal of their exterior paint job care. Meguiars was my best friend then and is still till this day. :goodjob: :bowdown:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have a black car and never have any problems keeping it clean? keep it well waxed and only dry with lambskin chamois. it's no big deal!

·
Registered
112 Posts
[quote author=tnoah link=topic=73061.msg1293536#msg1293536 date=1174973371]
...keep it well waxed and only dry with lambskin chamois. [/quote]
And look at the layer of dust on it a half hour later. :(

·
Registered
817 Posts
xi...,
since you've had black cars in the past, why not go with white this time? we have an '07 oxford white sel awd and like it a lot. white is definitely much easier to keep sharp looking versus black and it has a classy look to it. white is not an "old" or "young" color, sort of neutral. we have the black leather interior with the black piano trim.

·
Registered
198 Posts
White or black? Get some color in your life man! j/k... I hate em both, so listen to the other posts here.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I didn't like the colors for the fusion I only liked the black and white which look fantastic when clean, very sharp. I went with white myself, with a black interior (white stitching) which I highly recommend its a great combo.

I have nothing against color but on the fusion these are the two best and the two safest in terms of resale (gray also does well and silver)

I've always liked blue and red on other cars though it just depends.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everybody! Your input has helped a lot...

So I decided to go with the white... im happy with my decision. Im going to the dealership this weekend to get the paperwork going... so Ill be sure to post a new thread when I get the fusion...

Thanks again for all your help!!!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Certainly glad to have helped, look forward to hearing how you like the car and seeing some pics etc

1 - 16 of 16 Posts