FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that my driver's side rear calliper is dragging while the car is in motion.

When I stop from driving on the highway (normal commute is 30 minutes on the highway) the wheel is hot to the touch compared to the other three wheels.

I have not pulled the wheel to investigate further and if it is dragging, it is not providing enough resistance to prevent the car from rolling on a slight grade.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Give your dealer a call and ask if they have an infared thermometer. Ask them if you can stop by and have them check the temp of the rotor, takes two seconds. That should give you an indication of any problem.

·
Registered
580 Posts
[quote author=captainhook link=topic=77077.msg1398289#msg1398289 date=1178742028]
I think that my driver's side rear calliper is dragging while the car is in motion.

When I stop from driving on the highway (normal commute is 30 minutes on the highway) the wheel is hot to the touch compared to the other three wheels.

I have not pulled the wheel to investigate further and if it is dragging, it is not providing enough resistance to prevent the car from rolling on a slight grade.

Thoughts?
[/quote]

Captinhook: Did you ever get this checked out? (http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=39306.msg569808#msg569808). Try jacking up the car, turn the wheel by hand and see if the drag is abnormal. If it's really bad, you should see some blue color in the disc or a lot of uneven wear.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Should either be a slide pin stuck in the brake anchor or a seized piston in the caliper itself. Might want to go have it checked out before you tear up your rotor.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, that is what I figure it will be. The car is at the dealership today for this, my rusted lugnuts, and hopefully they will do something with the high idle tsb.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Replaced caliper. Took three days for the dealer to get the caliper.

On the plus side, it looks like I also got new rotors and pads on the rear.

·
Registered
264 Posts
[quote author=KaBooM link=topic=77077.msg1407635#msg1407635 date=1179112813]
Should either be a slide pin stuck in the brake anchor or a seized piston in the caliper itself. Might want to go have it checked out before you tear up your rotor.
[/quote]

Sweet! NEW ROTORS AND PADS!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts