FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the Jusnes section but I think it might get more views here. I'm planning to order a tuner from Bob but I'm having a tough time knowing which tunes to pick. I have access to 91/93/94 octane premium fuel. I figure I'll likely only run one tune and just leave it in 24/7. Would there be enough improvement (relative to cost as well) going from 91 to 94 octane to justify getting tunes for 94 octane? Then do I get torque or performance? Most of my driving is in town. Eiching1 figured a 91 torque and performance and a 94 torque might be the best mix. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I have the 93 torque and 93 performance tune and it runs great. I think Eiching1 has a great idea for the mix.

·
Registered
584 Posts
While every octane point makes a difference, I would go with the 93 Octane programs, especially the torque program. 94 may net you a couple more ponies, but may not offset any additional cost from buying 93 octane. 91 just dosen't provide enough room for aggressive tuning, especially if it's California 91 octane (which seems to be closer to 89 Oct than other 91 Oct blends as far as tuning goes).

Overall, stick with what is most convienently available for you as far as octane rating, and get a torque tune to match it.

My .02

~Seawolf

·
Registered
407 Posts
Mine is on it's way back, I'll post my results once I've given it the big right foot test.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I would suggest the 87 performance, along with the 93 torque and 93 performance tunes. You'll likely use the 93 torque tune 99% of the time since it makes the most profound difference of any of the tunes with little to no loss in mpg. But the 87 performance is nice for long hwy trips when you want to save a few $ on fuel costs and you don't care so much about acceleration in stop and go traffic. The 93 performance tune is also a nice option of you want a little better mpg than stock with a healthy boost in performance.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have the 91 torque running in my car now, and it's not being changed!!!! I like just the way it is!

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
91 torque tune is all i've been running since I got my tuner... yesterday! I could see it bieng the only one too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.