FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I hear rumblings that wildwood makes 4 piston calipers for the fusion. Do any of you know if that it true or not?

If so, what is the model number?

·
Registered
910 Posts
That would be sweet! the only thing better would be brembo 4 pistons! Definetly interested in if this is true or not and how much they cost

·
Registered
68 Posts
There's no Wilwood caliper for a Fusion.

Wilwood makes many calipers and many kits. All calipers are universal fit and require proper brackets to adapt to specific rotor sizes. They also make no caliper adapter brackets for oem rotors. So there's no "bolt on caliper kit" available for your rotor from them.

Recently I was in contact with a Fusion owner inquiring about a complete BBK or LBK for the Fusion. At this time there's little interest expressed in this proposed kit. While interested and thinking about production it remains a back burner project unless demand picks up substantially.

Regards.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
The Rotora kit has been posted about countless times. There is a specific Fusion application for about 1700. for the front only.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah...Steeda carries a brembo caliper for the fusion for $1495.00 but it's for the Front only.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
If anyone wants to loan me $100 i know that the 98-2002 lexus ls400 has 4 piston calipers and have the same exact sized rotors that the fusion has. Waiting for a cheap set on ebay to emerge to find out how to make them fit. as for wildwood like stated they need a converter bracket and larger rotors some guy sells them on ebay for like $750 but i wouldnt want to be a guinee pig. Steeda hell yea some guy no way.

·
Premium Member
8,779 Posts
HOLY 3 yr old thread revival from the OP. That's great. Anyway, I thought F2 had some wilwood brakes or somthing like that? I just remember it being WAY too expensive.

·
Registered
832 Posts
[quote author=Todd TCE link=topic=78033.msg3977449#msg3977449 date=1301401547]
The Fusion was passed up by my release of kits for the Fiesta. I'm still open to the r&d and production of a Fusion specific kit(s) if there's a market.
http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/images/fiestawilwoodwteamdynam.jpg
[/quote]

It would be nice to see some kits with size range for the Fusion. like the new ones you hooked up with the Fiesta. Some of the kits are pretty expensive that are out for the Fusion now. Something more affordable for the masses would be the best way to go, IMHO.

·
Registered
68 Posts
No disagreement there at all. Just not much of a line of folks beating a path to the door for one on this platform. Of course 'affordable' is in the wallet of the buyer...making about anything north of $1k expensive for most folks. But realistic in the market.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, new on here but been reading for a while now.... Anyways

I ave been doing digging around for big brake kits and actually found a company that not only makes big brake kits that work on the Fusion... But can come in multiple sizes for both the Front and Rear and DONT REQUIRE a dual cylinder. http://www.ksportusa.com/asp/brake_kits.asp They are listed under the Mazda 6.... But I wrote them an email asking if they had any idea if they would work on the Fusion.

Here is the email I got from one of K-Sports distributers:
I am writing to you as a Ksport distributor because Ksport USA has contacted me to help assist with any questions you might have about installing and/or purchasing a Ksport Big Brake Kit for your Ford Fusion Sport.

We have actually installed a 6 Piston Front Kit/4 Piston Rear kit onto own 2010 ford Fusion Sport AWD project car that we worked on to build for the SEMA Show in Las Vegas for Ford Motor Company. Here are some pictures from a recent magazine article on the car: http://www.pasmag.com/features/top-rides/1563-nuclear-fusion. In fact, as you can see we have done quite a bit of modifying to our own Fusion Sport, so please let us know if you need any other help modifying it!

Anyways, let me address some of your concerns;
- Let me start by saying my input was based off a 2010 Fusion, since you mentioned 2010-2011 I assumed my info would be relevant, but I have not confirmed the brakes remained the same - Although they probably have, but not sure if you have checked.
- Both the Front and Rear Ksport big brake kits we installed on our 2010 Ford Fusion Sport bolted on with no custom modifications needed. The actual kits we're designed to be put on late model Mazda 6 vehicles. I had the same assumptions that you did, which is why I personally decided to test the kit for myself.
- We were unable to directly bolt-on the included stainless steel lines in the kit, and therefor did not install them. However, they may be able to be modified to work - We did not have time due to the short timeline of our build needed to travel from Ohio to Nevada for SEMA.
- The rear brakes did eliminate the e-brake handle function.
- In our installation of the rear brakes, we did not install a second cylinder and/or deletion of
the booster.
- The only testing we have done is driving the vehicle on streets and highways...we have not put it into a race track endurance environment yet. Not to say that anything is wrong with the installation, however I just thought I should point that out. In the Mazda 6 application, there are no other modifications needed, and I also assumed the case with the platform-sharing Ford Fusion.

I hope that helps address some of the questions/concerns you had about the Ksport Big Brake Kits - If you need anything further, please do not hesitate to reach me! I do have more pictures as well if needed. Let me also point out that we are an authorized Ksport distributor and I can guarantee you that we can beat anybody's price on these kits, so please let me know if you are interested in one, as I would love to help you out (especially to see another Fusion do a nice big brake kit, since we were the first in the US to modify a new model fusion (ours was built in 2009).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Largely what I'd have said as well.

The front kits really are a no-brainer once you've established the proper mounting.

Rear kits on the car will forever (like many I produce) beg the question of "parking brake or no parking brake?". When you have a car with a dual purpose caliper there really is little choice. I've produced many kits using the Wilwood combo caliper but it's just an alternate dual purpose caliper on a larger rotor. For the usual cost (roughly $1200) few choose to do it. By the same token I've produced many "rear rotor kits" which simply relocate the stock caliper on a larger rotor for about half that cost. Granted the bling is not quite the same but function is.

I'd still love to do something for the car but without a committed buyer I cannot justify the r&d expense to do so. I don't need to prove I can do it. (no attitude meant). The real deal remains market driven. I've found that new kits take about 3 sales to break even before you make money. (remember as a business there's a need to make money here) Doing one offs to produce something with no market is quite tough!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Rebuilt four piston calipers from a '98-'02 Lexus are VERY affordable ($130 each from RockAuto with a core charge). Now if only someone could fab up some mounting brackets.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Even if they dont goodwin makes universal ends to make up a set to go from ford to lexus banjo fittings. I dont think they will bolt right up it was the only oem 4 piston caliper i can find with the same rotor diameter as the fusion. You can also get a set of wilwood ultralite calipers for $160 a pop you will just need to get the tabbed ones with a rotor diamer for 11.75. To keep the stock rotors but upgrade to 4 piston instead of 2 piston. all the info is on the wilwood site. I have a pile of stuff to install on the car already so have to do that befor i start another project :(

·
Registered
832 Posts
[quote author=blackfusion06 link=topic=78033.msg3984754#msg3984754 date=1302027566]
Even if they dont goodwin makes universal ends to make up a set to go from ford to lexus banjo fittings. I dont think they will bolt right up it was the only oem 4 piston caliper i can find with the same rotor diameter as the fusion. You can also get a set of wilwood ultralite calipers for $160 a pop you will just need to get the tabbed ones with a rotor diamer for 11.75. To keep the stock rotors but upgrade to 4 piston instead of 2 piston. all the info is on the wilwood site. I have a pile of stuff to install on the car already so have to do that befor i start another project :(
[/quote]

That's good info, once I get my wife to buy off on me spending any more money on the car I think I'll look a little further into this.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts