I am writing to you as a Ksport distributor because Ksport USA has contacted me to help assist with any questions you might have about installing and/or purchasing a Ksport Big Brake Kit for your Ford Fusion Sport.
We have actually installed a 6 Piston Front Kit/4 Piston Rear kit onto own 2010 ford Fusion Sport AWD project car that we worked on to build for the SEMA Show in Las Vegas for Ford Motor Company. Here are some pictures from a recent magazine article on the car: http://www.pasmag.com/features/top-rides/1563-nuclear-fusion. In fact, as you can see we have done quite a bit of modifying to our own Fusion Sport, so please let us know if you need any other help modifying it!
Anyways, let me address some of your concerns;
- Let me start by saying my input was based off a 2010 Fusion, since you mentioned 2010-2011 I assumed my info would be relevant, but I have not confirmed the brakes remained the same - Although they probably have, but not sure if you have checked.
- Both the Front and Rear Ksport big brake kits we installed on our 2010 Ford Fusion Sport bolted on with no custom modifications needed. The actual kits we're designed to be put on late model Mazda 6 vehicles. I had the same assumptions that you did, which is why I personally decided to test the kit for myself.
- We were unable to directly bolt-on the included stainless steel lines in the kit, and therefor did not install them. However, they may be able to be modified to work - We did not have time due to the short timeline of our build needed to travel from Ohio to Nevada for SEMA.
- The rear brakes did eliminate the e-brake handle function.
- In our installation of the rear brakes, we did not install a second cylinder and/or deletion of
- The only testing we have done is driving the vehicle on streets and highways...we have not put it into a race track endurance environment yet. Not to say that anything is wrong with the installation, however I just thought I should point that out. In the Mazda 6 application, there are no other modifications needed, and I also assumed the case with the platform-sharing Ford Fusion.
I hope that helps address some of the questions/concerns you had about the Ksport Big Brake Kits - If you need anything further, please do not hesitate to reach me! I do have more pictures as well if needed. Let me also point out that we are an authorized Ksport distributor and I can guarantee you that we can beat anybody's price on these kits, so please let me know if you are interested in one, as I would love to help you out (especially to see another Fusion do a nice big brake kit, since we were the first in the US to modify a new model fusion (ours was built in 2009).