FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to do the brakes on our Fusion, and I'm looking at the alldata service manual for torque specs. In the instructions it says to remove and discard the two bolts when changing the rotors. It makes it seem like those are TTY bolts, but the torque spec simply says to tighten to 111 lb.ft. The bolts look to be under $3 each, so I have no problem changing them out, but usually TTY bolts have a very specific tightening procedure. Does anyone know more about this?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I'm a mechanic and I've never heard of having to change caliper bracket bolts, I know I only replace them if they are damaged and have never had a comeback because of a loose caliper. You are right, they are not torque to yield bolts with those specifications. The only thing I can figure is that it's either for liability reasons or there is some kind of pre-applied thread locker on the bolts and they want you to replace them rather than apply new thread locker.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a mechanic and I've never heard of having to change caliper bracket bolts, I know I only replace them if they are damaged and have never had a comeback because of a loose caliper. You are right, they are not torque to yield bolts with those specifications. The only thing I can figure is that it's either for liability reasons or there is some kind of pre-applied thread locker on the bolts and they want you to replace them rather than apply new thread locker.
On a 2016 Ford Fusion, These front caliper bracket bolts are they 19mm? I stripped one in the process of removing and want to make sure I’m ordering right size bolt de-stripper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts