FordFusionClub.com banner

Which CAI should i get KN or Steeda

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the kn and the steeda but the kn is a whole piece and i like that i might just drop the extra cash for it :klavergreg:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Save the extra cash and buy a rear sway bar so that you can go around corners a little easier with your Steeda CAI.

·
Registered
840 Posts
get the k&n i want someone on these forms to get something different for a change. and i doubt you're gonna go faster around your turns, just more hazardous... unless you're taking it to the track.

·
Registered
933 Posts
There's only about a $50 difference. I've seen the K&N for <$250 (free shipping). Steeda must be close to (if not more) than $200 shipped. However, you could but the extra $50 towards the TB Spacer. It's a tough decision. Steeda looks better. K&N may have a more thorough design. Steeda's filter has an open top. K&N is closed. It's a toss-up, and I doubt anyone would notice the difference between the two with the hood closed. Both are well respected in the industry.

If you truly care about your engine, you would stick with paper. You know that all oiled-guaze filters foul MAFs, and allow too much dirt in -- thus causing premature engine failure. (insert joke here).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am going with the KN...it's on order and should get it soon...and ill post pics.....i had a 2003 ford focus with a 2.3 and 5spd...with a Marcy Motor Sports intake with a kn filter....never had a problem with the maf getting oil and had 35000 miles and cleaned it every 10k and oiled the s#!T out of the filter and still nvr had a prob.....

·
Registered
933 Posts
I've never had a problem either. I have used K&N on several different rides within the past 12 years. Some die-hards on BITOG freak when you mention the use of such filters.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=koreySE link=topic=90343.msg1758907#msg1758907 date=1191522604]
I've never had a problem either. I have used K&N on several different rides within the past 12 years. Some die-hards on BITOG freak when you mention the use of such filters.
[/quote]

ya i know but until i have an issue i am sticking with then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts