FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
thanks man. i really would like to thank you for the help posting those pics. also my fusion has eibach lower springs and magnaflow exhaust. i love my car and lots of people tell it looks great even before the wheel swap. again thanks alot for your help!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
swank50, I didn't think the chrome Bullits would look that good on a Fusion, man
was I WRONG, those look F' ing GREAT , & you got a killer deal on those wheel / tire
combo set from your Ford dealer. A TOTAL win / win combo deal :D
Also, the Dark Pearl Blue Metallic sure doesn't hurt anything either , triple bonus points there :D !!!
How much were the Eibachs & installed, did you get her re-aligned after install, &
how is the ride quality, need new shocks, caster / camber plates ? Basically, is it worth the cash & effort ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
[quote author=MechWarrior link=topic=76258.msg1379807#msg1379807 date=1178068238]
swank50, I didn't think the chrome Bullits would look that good on a Fusion, man
was I WRONG, those look F' ing GREAT , & you got a killer deal on those wheel / tire
combo set from your Ford dealer. A TOTAL win / win combo deal :D
Also, the Dark Pearl Blue Metallic sure doesn't hurt anything either , triple bonus points there :D !!!
How much were the Eibachs & installed, did you get her re-aligned after install, &
how is the ride quality, need new shocks, caster / camber plates ? Basically, is it worth the cash & effort ?
[/quote]

i got the springs for $237.00 online and me being a Ford dealer tech i installed them myself. yes a alignment was needed but was no problem. also the ride didnt change to me at all. the wife says it was a little more rough but not to bad. all i know is i love the car!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like this look a lot ... particularly given the availability of other mustang bullitt wheel tire takeoffs.

If the owner of this car is still on these boards ... I wonder if you could tell me how the long term is working out with the P235 / 55 / 17 setup on the stock Mustang tire compared to the stock fusion / milan fitment of 225-50-17. Any clearance issues?

Also, is your car a V6 or a 4 cylinder?

Seems like a lot of tire for the 4 ... probably hurt fuel economy a bit ... but, it sure does look good. Would definitely make a unique look for my Milan.

Kevin O'

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=KOBMX link=topic=76258.msg2184106#msg2184106 date=1206574378]
I like this look a lot ... particularly given the availability of other mustang bullitt wheel tire takeoffs.

If the owner of this car is still on these boards ... I wonder if you could tell me how the long term is working out with the P235 / 55 / 17 setup on the stock Mustang tire compared to the stock fusion / milan fitment of 225-50-17. Any clearance issues?

Also, is your car a V6 or a 4 cylinder?

Seems like a lot of tire for the 4 ... probably hurt fuel economy a bit ... but, it sure does look good. Would definitely make a unique look for my Milan.

Kevin O'
[/quote]

I have been using my 05 Take-offs with the factory 235/55/17 Nero zero for along time now (Changing wheels and tires tomorrow actually) I love the tires. They are not the best in the rain when the tread gets low. It is most likely the largest 17in tire you can fit under there. No clearance issues at all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jaysen,

Thanks for the feedback ... I'm really leaning this direction.

Since my car has the little Mazda 4 banger ... do you think I'm asking for trouble by going with the slightly wider, slightly taller profile? I'm getting the idea that both other cars that have gone this route on the board may be V6 models.

There's actually a couple sets of these wheels locally ... nowhere near at the $100 level ... but, I betcha I could snag a set of takeoffs for just under $600 ... which for the wheel / tire combo package seems still reasonable. Particularly given I haven't seen any 17" replacement tire under about $120 each.

Kevin O'

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=KOBMX link=topic=76258.msg2187001#msg2187001 date=1206654363]
Jaysen,

Thanks for the feedback ... I'm really leaning this direction.

Since my car has the little Mazda 4 banger ... do you think I'm asking for trouble by going with the slightly wider, slightly taller profile? I'm getting the idea that both other cars that have gone this route on the board may be V6 models.

There's actually a couple sets of these wheels locally ... nowhere near at the $100 level ... but, I betcha I could snag a set of takeoffs for just under $600 ... which for the wheel / tire combo package seems still reasonable. Particularly given I haven't seen any 17" replacement tire under about $120 each.

Kevin O'
[/quote]

No problem. I would think you could pick up a set of mustang take-offs for the 400-500 dollar range. The Factory 235/55/17 Nero Zero's run from about 106-113 a tire depending on where you are shopping.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wow,

I was visiting my friend up in Dallas and he had the bright idea of putting his bullitt rims on my car to see what it looks like! So we jacked the car up and put the rims on the driver side and kept stock on the passenger. Damn does it make my car look meaner. I thought I was stupid for keepin gthem on but, now that I read this post. SWOOOOOOSH, lol :p :p :p :lol: :eek: :) :lol: :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
yep im still around. sorry just saw your post KOB . yes my car is a V6 but it is a SE which came with 16" wheels and the 17s are doing just fine. no wear issues at all. And remember my fusion is lowered. but all in all i love them and my car. plus i got the deal of the century for $100.00!!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I have a question, the wheels look great btw! I have found a dealer on EBAY who has a set of black bullitts and I want to get them, but I am curious as to which tires would be my best bet because I know the stock 17 wheels for the fusion / milan are 7.5" wiie but the bullitts are 8" wide so I am questioning if those tires would fir on that wheel and still be able to have an accurate speedo. I apologize for my silly question as I am somewhat of a noob when it comes to cars lol.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Ummmmm, to me that doesn't look to good. I guess because they are small and I am use to seeing them on Mustangs. :Hide:

·
Super Moderator
5,957 Posts
[quote author=McLovin link=topic=76258.msg2249965#msg2249965 date=1208786272]
So I have a question, the wheels look great btw! I have found a dealer on EBAY who has a set of black bullitts and I want to get them, but I am curious as to which tires would be my best bet because I know the stock 17 wheels for the fusion / milan are 7.5" wiie but the bullitts are 8" wide so I am questioning if those tires would fir on that wheel and still be able to have an accurate speedo. I apologize for my silly question as I am somewhat of a noob when it comes to cars lol.
[/quote]

Hi McLovin. :wavey: Just as an FYI, the stock wheel width on the Fusion/Milan FWD is 7 inch. AWD models have 7.5 inch wheels (unless there was a change that I forgot about). Not sure which you have.

Additionally, wheel width has absolutely nothing to do with the speedometer and odometer accuracy. It is the diameter of the wheel (16"-17"-18" etc.) and aspect ratio of the tire (45-50-55-60 etc.) which affects the speedometer/odometer readings.

You should be able to use your stock 225/50/17 tires on the Bullitt wheels, as long as they are 17 inch diameter wheels.

What a wider and heavier wheel will do is slow your cars acceleration and lower your MPG's slightly.

The general consensus here seems to be that the Bullitt wheels do fit the Fusion, as the wheel offset is within acceptable limits.

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=76258.msg2250050#msg2250050 date=1208788451]
Ummmmm, to me that doesn't look to good. I guess because they are small and I am use to seeing them on Mustangs. :Hide:
[/quote]

I'm not a big fan of them on the Fusion either. They don't look bad, just not great. Maybe it's because I'm kinda tired of the Bullitt wheels in general.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts