FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea so I don't know where I read this, but I thought that the fuel door from the Bullitt Mustang would fit the Fusion. Actually, I remembered reading that any fuel door from 99-04 Mustangs would fit the Fusion. I've been raving about getting one because I thought it would look amazing and complement my machined wheels. So my girlfriend bought me one for our 6 month anniversary. It doesn't quite fit. The bolt patterns are NOT the same and it's a lot smaller, leaving awkward looking gaps around the entire door. :madcrazy: Can anyone that has a billet fuel door tell me which one you bought and if you had to make any modifications. I'm quite disappointed... :wtc:

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Sry to hear this! I posted in the Steeda section, that they should produce one for the Fusion crew. I think alot of people would really jump on this product.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry to hear about the mis-alignment. I heard the same about the Mustang fuel doors being a direct replacement on several other forums. I have not heard of anybody saying there's doesn't fit, yet anyways, or until now. I've been wanting to get one, but I haven't been able to try it yet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah I had the same thing happen. My local deal had one in a display case tagged for a Mustang/Focus. I asked the body shop manager if it would fit; he took it out and held it up against my factory door and said yep same size. I got home to find out that the mounting hardware didn't even line-up and there was a about a 1/4" gap around the new door from the hole in the fender.

Mine is a Ford Racing Alumininum Fuel Filler Door part number: M-2301-E

Don't buy this one...

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=cobra dan link=topic=85122.msg1692411#msg1692411 date=1189033104]
is it a real Ford, Bullitt fuel door, or an aftermarket "billet" fuel door?
[/quote]

It was the OEM Bullitt fuel door purchased from Steeda. It came in a Ford OEM box and had the Mustang logo on the inside.

·
Registered
50 Posts
[quote author=11011101 link=topic=85122.msg1699400#msg1699400 date=1189266810]
[quote author=cobra dan link=topic=85122.msg1692411#msg1692411 date=1189033104]
is it a real Ford, Bullitt fuel door, or an aftermarket "billet" fuel door?
[/quote]

It was the OEM Bullitt fuel door purchased from Steeda. It came in a Ford OEM box and had the Mustang logo on the inside.
[/quote]

So is mine, has the Mustang and the Ford logos...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Has anyone found one that works yet?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts