FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to hook up my fog lights (all parts, no kit), but since the connectors don't show pos./neg. (just a purple and a black wire) Iam not sure if it makes a difference which one I use for the positive. I am guessing it doesn't. Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
10 Posts
in most cases if not all cases the black wire is always negative. I would go with it that way if you are unable to find any wiring diagrams online

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
None of the diagrams seem to identify the color, which is why I don't think it matters. Most of what I know agrees with the black being the negative also. I just don't want to blow out the bulbs.

·
Registered
584 Posts
You wouldn't cause damage to the incandescent bulb. You would destroy an LED-bulb, but not a "lightbulb". In essence, a lamp is a short across the terminals anyways with little respect to polarity. But, black is - , Purple is +

·
Registered
371 Posts
If you have a volt meter you would be able to tell. Maybe someone in the area could do that for you if you don't have a tester. The procedure would be for example: set the volt meter on DC current, take the positive and connect it to one wire, do the same for the negative. If the volt meter displays a -ve number, then the wires are backwards, if the readout is +ve, then you correctly matched +ve with +ve &
-ve with -ve.

Happy modding!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts