FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has an 06 Fusion SE and the front outside passenger door handle is broken and I can not open the door from the inside or out. I was in a hurry and pulled on the door handle hard and the handle popped out off the door some and will not go back in (door was locked, thought it was unlocked). When I pulled on the handle I heard something fall inside the door. Is this something that can be fixed at the dealership? Going on vacation next week and need to get this fixed as soon as possiable. Thanks for the help.

Andrew

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=WIFL link=topic=83322.msg1559469#msg1559469 date=1184544961]
Take it in!!!
[/quote]
+1
Unless you want to take the inside panel off and see if it just needs reattached.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gonna take it in as soon as the dealerships service department opens in the morning. would something like this be covered under warranty?

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=fusion_drew link=topic=83322.msg1559516#msg1559516 date=1184546889]
gonna take it in as soon as the dealerships service department opens in the morning. would something like this be covered under warranty?
[/quote]

Hi Andrew. :wavey: Yes, it should be covered. Please, just do not tell them that you were in a hurry, didn't know it was locked, and yanked on it so hard that you broke it. :bash:

Tell them your lovely, dainty little wife tried to open the door, and she heard something break and fall in the door, and then it wouldn't open! Oh, my! :hugglez:

And be gentle from now on (just kidding)!

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took it in this morning, told them that I pulled on the handle and heard something fall inside the door( did not say how hard I pulled). I had to leave it with them because they had to take the door panel off to get door open. The latch is broke and the guy working on it also said some other part was broke in the door also. They ordered the parts this morning and said I should have it back sometime tomorrow afternoon or wednsday by lunch time. They guy I was dealing said it should not cost me anything.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Keep us posted Drew.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts