FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my 07 fusion in traffic today and I noticed the ac was not working, so I called the dealer to let them know i was going to be bringing it by to have them look at it. No more then 2 min later i get off the phone i hear a rattling from under the hood. So I decide to make my way over the shoulder and take a look, the car dies in the middle of the road with smoke coming up from under the hood. The car takes about a min to start back up and I pull it over to the side od the road. The temp gauge was not reporting a temp while this was going on. It is at the dealership now they have yet to tell me what the problem was, they said something about being low on coolant but I don’t buy it. I will find out tomorrow what the issue was. Has anyone else had this same problem? If so what was the cause. This is my first post, glad to see so many people love this car like I do.

G

·
Yup that sounds about right.

I remember after I got into my accident, they did not drain the air bubbles out of the coolant system. So every now and then the temp gauge would spike way up to hot, and I would pull over and the car would kind of like "die" on its own.

Then I would start it back up and go for a mile and it would do it again. Until I got to the place, and they fixed it for me.

That sucks though, sounds like big bucks.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=Johanrsmit link=topic=88359.msg1694804#msg1694804 date=1189119767]
I was driving my 07 fusion in traffic today and I noticed the ac was not working, so I called the dealer to let them know i was going to be bringing it by to have them look at it. No more then 2 min later i get off the phone i hear a rattling from under the hood. So I decide to make my way over the shoulder and take a look, the car dies in the middle of the road with smoke coming up from under the hood. The car takes about a min to start back up and I pull it over to the side od the road. The temp gauge was not reporting a temp while this was going on. It is at the dealership now they have yet to tell me what the problem was, they said something about being low on coolant but I don’t buy it. I will find out tomorrow what the issue was. Has anyone else had this same problem? If so what was the cause. This is my first post, glad to see so many people love this car like I do.
[/quote]

damn dude that sucks sorry to hear it. I have not heard anything like this before. how long have you had the car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the car march 14th of 2007. see the temp gauge didn't spike it just died I didn't get any reading out of it. I dunno if the coolant is low and the car just dies that leaves me to believe that the engine over heated and it may have caused some other damages. when they tell me tomorrow what the problem is I will let you guys know. I have no idea at this point in time.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=Johanrsmit link=topic=88359.msg1695671#msg1695671 date=1189137649]
I got the car march 14th of 2007. see the temp gauge didn't spike it just died I didn't get any reading out of it. I dunno if the coolant is low and the car just dies that leaves me to believe that the engine over heated and it may have caused some other damages. when they tell me tomorrow what the problem is I will let you guys know. I have no idea at this point in time.
[/quote]

that is why i do not trust the gauges on the dash or the lights. i installed my own autometer gauges so i know for sure what the engine is doing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so they told me that the thermostat housing cracked and that my battery was leaking acid. So the car dies because the battery was not putting out any juice. How the 2 are linked together I have no idea!? I have not picked up my car yet, I am going there tomorrow to talk to tech before I pick it up so I have a full understanding of what is going on.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Boy this sure was a tough post to read, I really felt for you and got my bp up as I went along :x You know if it was me, no doubt I'd be furious first of all but then I'd have them do the appropriate warranty work and then if possible, not knowing your given situation of course but I'd trade the damn thing in if possible, demanding a more than fair trade value suffice it to say. Anyhow you are in good hands here in the forums and we'll do our best to get you through it all ;) I wish you luck on this and keep us posted on what develops at the dealership,

:cheers:

G

·
Ask them where the battery leaked from, because my battery leaked from around the + terminal doing the same thing to my car, making it die.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for the long wait but after I went to pick it up they told me that battery leaked acid onto a coolant hose and melted the hose. The car leaked coolant and over heated. The service writer was worthless. I will be taking my car to another dealership around the corner where a close family friend is the service writer at the ford dealership. My main concern is that when the car overheated it could have warped the heads. I hope it is not the case, but I will find out in about 15k if it is the case. So a worked dropped my battery at the factory and caused it to leak. That’s what you get when you have the cars built in freakin Mexico.
Other then that I am very happy with my fusion I couldn’t ask for anything more in a car.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I've never heard of battery acid affecting a rubber hose. Sounds fishy to me. Keep us posted on this situation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts