FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt know which board would be best for this thread but i picked up my new 07 SEL AWD on tuesday and it noticably pulls to the right when i let the steering wheel go or hold it on center. I checked the air pressure, it would seem my car needs an alignment brand new, is this going to be easy to get fixed? I have never taken a car for an alignment before. I hope it is not a sign of more problems to come because i love the car otherwise

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Drive it right back to the dealership, and have them fix the issue. It should be done without any problem. Sounds kinda interesting for a brand new car, good luck!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Congratulations on the new car xlover and sorry to hear about the problem. Hopefully this will be the only one too! I'm not sure how things work in the US but when I went to pick my car up, before signing any papers, I asked the sales guy if I could take it for a test drive to make sure everything was ok but he told me I couldn't because I would have to sign the papers first since the car was registered under my name. And if I drove it off the lot without signing anything and should something happen, then there would be some potential issues. If it's the same kind of thing with you guys, I guess the only way would be to drive it around the dealership lot.

Happy driving

·
Registered
477 Posts
[quote author=Fusion4u link=topic=82352.msg1537814#msg1537814 date=1183653231]
Congratulations on the new car xlover and sorry to hear about the problem. Hopefully this will be the only one too! I'm not sure how things work in the US but when I went to pick my car up, before signing any papers, I asked the sales guy if I could take it for a test drive to make sure everything was ok but he told me I couldn't because I would have to sign the papers first since the car was registered under my name. And if I drove it off the lot without signing anything and should something happen, then there would be some potential issues. If it's the same kind of thing with you guys, I guess the only way would be to drive it around the dealership lot.

Happy driving
[/quote]

That is a bunch of bull. They just want you to sign the papers. You can take a car on a test drive if you wanted too. They have insurance if something would happen. They can't deny a customer a test drive. When I bought my car they were letting a couple test drive a car that they already knew they failed there credit check.

I had someone tell me that I couldn't test drive the car before and I left. Salesman see a young person come in and they don't think they can afford the car so they don't want any problems but they can't deny you of a test drive.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was told that it should pull a little bit to the right. When they do a wheel alignment they are supposed to adjust it so it slightly steers to the right, theory being that if a driver falls asleep at the wheel it steers away from oncomming traffic. I have heard this from 3 mechanics. Mine slightly drifts to the right.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: Brand new car with a problem

My car was ordered so i figured that it would drive like others i had test driven. However I talked to service and they said that becuase of the low milage the suspension was still suffering from the effects of being compressed when it was tied down for transport. he suggested i wait until 1000 miles and see if it has gone away by then. seeing that i picked my car up about 4 hours after it came off the truck this seems plausible. I hope it just goes away else i will jusst have them do an alignment when i get the oil changed after 1000 miles or so.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It should not pull on a straight flat road. Sometimes there will be a little drift on a crowned road or in heavy wind. Take it in. When my mother got her Corolla they told her it was normal and she believed it. I took it to another dealer and they fixed it.

Late

·
Registered
57 Posts
Take it right back to the dealer and have them fix the pulling to the right problem. And don't take any crap from them. And if they continue to make stupid excuses. Go to another dealer, or call Ford's Regional Customer Service Manager and bitch.

·
Registered
619 Posts
There really is some truth to the settling of the suspension, though 1000miles might be a little much. If you have it aligned now, then it settles a bit, you'll end up pulling to the left!

·
Registered
833 Posts
I had the same problem with my Milan. It seems to prevelant with these cars. There are other threads with a number of people who have had the same issue. Ford even makes a set of "service" control arms that allows the dealer to make "adjustments" to the caster/camber. My dealer adjusted the subframe to correct my car. Give it a few hundred miles and then take it in.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Could this be "torque steer" we're talking about here? Does it happen all the time, or only under acceleration? If all the time, take it back, have them fix it.

Hell, have 'em fix it either way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts