FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ford Fusion 2015. I noticed upon leaving for work the other night that my brake lights were stuck on and wouldn’t turn off.. started researching and found it can either be a brake fuse or the brake light switch module.. I can only imagine after taking the module off turned the lights off plugging it back in lights came back on.. clearly means the module is no good. I am just looking for a honest answer if I should go as far as replacing the module which is a easy fix or should I play with the brake fuse first.. This maybe a dumb question but this is the first time I have ever encountered this kinda issue and just looking for a honest opinion or answer!!

·
Registered
2012 Fusion Sport AWD
158 Posts
I don't see how a fuse could cause the issue, if it was burnt out then you would have no brake lights.

The switch is a $7-$25 (cheapest to Motorcraft) part and if you found it to unplug, I think it only twists and comes out, so you were 50% of the way to replacing it already.

Next step is the remove the switch, leave it plugged in, and press the button, if the lights go out, then the switch is okay, if they don't go out, then the switch needs replaced. If the switch works, I think there is a known issue with the actuator, the simple plastic piece, that touches the plunger on the switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Ford Fusion 2015. I noticed upon leaving for work the other night that my brake lights were stuck on and wouldn’t turn off.. started researching and found it can either be a brake fuse or the brake light switch module.. I can only imagine after taking the module off turned the lights off plugging it back in lights came back on.. clearly means the module is no good. I am just looking for a honest answer if I should go as far as replacing the module which is a easy fix or should I play with the brake fuse first.. This maybe a dumb question but this is the first time I have ever encountered this kinda issue and just looking for a honest opinion or answer!!
I don't see how a fuse could cause the issue, if it was burnt out then you would have no brake lights.

The switch is a $7-$25 (cheapest to Motorcraft) part and if you found it to unplug, I think it only twists and comes out, so you w

The switch is a $7-$25 (cheapest to Motorcraft) part and if you found it to unplug, I think it only twists and comes out, so you were 50% of the way to replacing it already.

Next step is the remove the switch, leave it plugged in, and press the button, if the lights go out, then the switch is okay, if they don't go out, then the switch needs replaced. If the switch works, I think there is a known issue with the actuator, the simple plastic piece, that touches the plunger on the switch.
ere 50% of the way to replacing it already.

I started to go on the Ford Pass app to look up something ended up finding out this issue I'm having right now is due to one of the recalls on the car it's the recall for the brake lights remaining on. It's the only recall left on the car for me to do. Weirdly I have never had to need to do a recall cause it has never affected me but here we are gotta get it towed in the morning to Ford and have them fix the issue. Thank you for your reply and help though. 😁

1 - 3 of 3 Posts