FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's happened twice now. While driving down the road, I'll hear a beeping noise and the message display screen will say "Brake Fluid Low" I've checked the resivior and it seems fine to me.

One time I was sitting still while puching the brake and it went off. I tried to get to the dealer while it was still on the screen but it goes off by itself after a while.

Any body with this problem? Any cures?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi BlackI4se,

Sorry to hear about the problem. I do believe this is the 1st time I've heard about this problem with the Fusion. If I had to take a guess, I think there is something wrong with the sensor or there is something in the brake fluid causing the sensor to go off. The debris could be blocking the fluid causing the sensor to go off, and then when everything settles down, the debris moves unblocking the fluid. I would go through the onboard computer diagnostic (press the middle button first, and then the right button "Reset") and then it will go through the list telling you if all of the doors are locked, etc. and see what the computer says about the brake fluid. Otherwise you will have to go to the dealer, if they can't find anything wrong with the sensor, perhaps you can persuade them to change the brake fluid and do a brake flush to get rid of any potential contaminantes which may be in the system.

Good luck!

·
Registered
325 Posts
How many miles do you have?

In past experience with other cars I have found that when the brake pads are low the fluid level drops to compensate for the thinness of the pads. When the fluid level drops to a certain point the brake light would come on, especially when using the brakes.

Other then that, I would take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am getting ready to hit 10k miles. They shouldn't be worn down that far.

My wife said the light came on again today. I hope the dealer is willing to do something about it.

The rubber under the cap didn't look right. It seem as if the sides of it were sunk in.

If possible someone take a picture of the bottom of the brake fluid cap. I want to see if my rubber gasket looks like yours.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealership is going to be replacing the sensor and the resivior at the same time. Which sucks since they won't know exactly what is wrong. It would make more sense for them to replace one part at a time just in case they have this problem in the future.

I would really like it to have to go back several times so that I can claim the lemon law. :D Since my car has been hit 2 times already. I would love to have a new fusion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts