FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all... I got bored this weekend so I decided to purchase a duplicolor caliper kit and paint my calipers.. After I got done I sat in the car to turn some music on and put my foot on the brake, and I heard a "click". Furthermore, I can also feel the click in the Automatic Tranny Shifter, only when I'm in park though, I can use the brakes while driving just fine and they dont make the click noise in my shifter.. The noise is ONLY happening when im in Park, the emergency break is not on at all either... Any ideas?

Did I fudge something up?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
That click is the shifter lock out disengaging. This keeps you from putting the car in drive without your foot on the brake. You usually don't feel it when the car is running.

·
Registered
108 Posts
As in everything I see .. people pay more attention to stuff after they do something in that area. It was always there you just didn't notice it till you worked on brakes now you notice it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hehe, thanks guys.. I was super paranoid and thought I screwed something up..

Come to think of it I always depress the brake before even starting the car anywho..

Its my first "mod" ever done, so I was totally paranoid when I heard the sound.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=anarchyx link=topic=87919.msg1683686#msg1683686 date=1188661125]
Hehe, thanks guys.. I was super paranoid and thought I screwed something up..

Come to think of it I always depress the brake before even starting the car anywho..

Its my first "mod" ever done, so I was totally paranoid when I heard the sound.
[/quote]

just sent you a pm back. post some pix if you can would love to see how they turned out.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Calipers Painted and Done - Heres some Pics!

Well, finished up, and washed my baby so she would look good for the photo shoot :)

NOTE: If you want even higher resolution pics, visit http://www.pc-tweaks.com/pics/Fusion/brakes (they are 6mp pictures)

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I love the looks of that. :goodjob: I keep toying around the idea of doing this. I can't decide between red or blue.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I bought the same kit, just haven't had time to do it yet, how many coats did you put on, looks like a nice deep paint job, good work.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=kevjur link=topic=87919.msg1701475#msg1701475 date=1189382256]
I bought the same kit, just haven't had time to do it yet, how many coats did you put on, looks like a nice deep paint job, good work.
[/quote]

i only put one thick coat. i have gotten a few chips in mine since doing it in the sping so i am going to take the wheels back off and do them again. The kit comes with enough paint to put at least 5 coats on there. So i am going to do 1 to 2 more just to get it nice and thick.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I bought black for mine just so my calipers wouldn't stick out, but I might just go with red. I don't know.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=87919.msg1702601#msg1702601 date=1189434619]
I bought black for mine just so my calipers wouldn't stick out, but I might just go with red. I don't know.
[/quote]

i like the red. With all the space i have between the spokes of my wheels i needed something in there to show off.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I may just paint mine silver to match the car color and paint...maybe "FORD" in red.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Only put one coat of paint on. The brush they give you tends to fall apart, but it is good until about the 4th wheel.

I would reccommend buying a higher quality brush just to have a spare if need be. The paint dries very quick, and it has ceramic in it, so even if it is applied in light coats, it gives a nice full finish and gloss to the brakes.

Hope that helps, if you have any more questions post away!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Painted mine black today. The only issue I have with this kit is the brush. It SUCKS.

Not to mention, the directions in the little booklet are completely different than the directions on the paint can. The paint can tells (or suggests) you put a second coat on after 5 days if you don't want to mess around with putting on the second coat 2 hours after the first. The can suggests you sand the rotors down with 300-400 grit sandpaper when the instructions say to use a brush, etc.

I think I'm going to opt for putting another coat on after 5 days. Did anyone else put on another coat a few days after their first? Slater?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts