FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought two new tires to put on the back of my car because the person I bought my rims from had an alignment issue and wore out about 50% of the outside tread (not bad, but the look bothered me). I had the tires ordered for $190 a piece. I got the tires and to my surprise, they are a little thinner than the tires already on my car. I thought it would look goofy with two tires thinner than the other two. So I have decided to store the new ones and get the other two when I can save up for them. Also, with the new tires thinner, I will definitely hate the wheel gap from the fender, so I will have to drop it (I didn't want to at first, but now I will). Looks like I will be joining the Eibach group after all. Oh, and please no one ask me what brand of tires did I get because I forgot. I didn't get the cheapest nor the expensive. I just made sure the tires had a high grade rating (AA, if I am correct). I don't care about brand names (Michelin, Good Year, etc), although I know some tires are better than others.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
What size are they, compared to your originals? Mine are 225/50-17 = the 225 stands for 225 millimeters wide, the 50 stands for the height (50% of tire width) and the 17 is for the rim size in inches. That is the same for all cars, my pickup has 285/75-16. 285 mm. wide, height is 75% of width and 16 inch rims. Hope this helps if you're buying tires on-line or without seeing them first.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=mrc link=topic=87780.msg1680966#msg1680966 date=1188528522]
You must have gotten some decent tires at 190 a piece.
[/quote]
:shock: ya that is what i was thinking. My tires cost less than $100 each. Go with Kumho's. They are not pricey and they are great tires. Have been running them on evey car have owned since 02. I also have used there Autocross tires (V700's) on 3 race cars and for the money they are great.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am running size 255/35/20. They are next to the highest grade for tires, so they are good tires. I can't wait to ge the other two because I like the less side wall they have so my rims can stand out more and I can lower it to my liking.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=87780.msg1681763#msg1681763 date=1188572888]
I am running size 255/35/20. They are next to the highest grade for tires, so they are good tires. I can't wait to ge the other two because I like the less side wall they have so my rims can stand out more and I can lower it to my liking.
[/quote]

OK that works i was thinking stock 17's

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My car looks like I got stock 17's on it? Wow, am I missing something? :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.