FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen quite a few pictures of the cover on the bottom of the engine compartment on other fusions. It appears to have an access hole for the oil filter. My car has no cover at all, the bottom of my engine is just sitting there in plain view, oil fiter and all. Was my car supposed to come with this bottom cover/air dam? It hasn't had one from day one. Btw, I have the 4-cyl auto.

·
Registered
580 Posts
[quote author=green_fusion link=topic=54083.msg884090#msg884090 date=1155522868]
I've seen quite a few pictures of the cover on the bottom of the engine compartment on other fusions. It appears to have an access hole for the oil filter. My car has no cover at all, the bottom of my engine is just sitting there in plain view, oil fiter and all. Was my car supposed to come with this bottom cover/air dam? It hasn't had one from day one. Btw, I have the 4-cyl auto.
[/quote]

My Milan (I-4 AT) has the cover and I think yours should have it also. Since they shipped it over seas, maybe someone took it off to tie the car down for shipping.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It may be a production delete item as a cost savings program, my I4 was produced in September 05 and purchased October 28th. and has the complete engine cover and air dam setup. Not knowing when yours was produced it may a result of the above action, it's unfortunate that content of a auto is reduced yet the cost svaings is not passed along to the consumer. It would also not suprise me if further content reductions between early and later production builds are already taking place, for example underhood pads, thinner interior insulation, trim quality (dash padding) door jamb sill covers, exhaust piping (stainless to aluminized).

·
Registered
477 Posts
Mine was has the factory fog lights so its one of the later se I4 2006's. It has the cover. Don't know the exact build date though.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sounds like a running production change. Guess some have them, and some don't. I will go to the dealer and check out the new ones on the lot and see if any have it.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I don't think that I do.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a 06 SE 4cy auto...build date of 6/06 and it has the undercar engine cover. I've never seen that before...what purpose would it serve? What brand of car wax does everyone like for durability and shine, and how soon can you wax the cars after delivery, does the paint need to "cure?"

·
Registered
209 Posts
My V6 does not have the cover in question and its 3 months old...

·
Registered
477 Posts
SOUNDS like we have a ricer in here. The fusion is a sweet car and way better than any honda especially the FIT :shock:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Because some have a bottom engine cover and some do not?

[quote author=groscap link=topic=54083.msg893218#msg893218 date=1155820758]
:x
haven't purchased a Fusion yet, and the above impressions may lead me towards a Honda Fit.
[/quote]

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I was under mine the other day doing an oil change, and I have no cover.

·
Registered
40 Posts
2007 I4 Job 2 - with full cover under the engine. Small door with two bolts for oil (cartridge) filter access. One large round (hand turn to remove) cover for the engine oil drain plug. Perhaps it is a regional thing, we get a lot of snow and weather up here in the Chicago area and I think it will help keep the engine clean. I can see where in some parts of the country it would not be needed. However, Ford might have run out of them and kept the line going to meet production? It's a mystery.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I LOOKED IN THE PARTS CATALOG AT WORK AND IT IS USED ONLY ON THE 4CYL, HOPE THIS CLEARS THINGS UP

1 - 20 of 26 Posts