FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Fusion SE 3.0L here and I have a question regarding the blower motor. It has operated just fine since I bought this car back in 2012 other then a get ticking sound on speeds 1, 2..3 and 4 dead quiet. Recently my airbag was replaced due to a recall and a week later the motor stop blowing at all. I read a bunch of threads on this condition, my harness/connector were not burnt, the relay is ok, and what made it work was just unplugging and replugging in the actual fan. It still ticks so my question is...does anyone really know why the motor makes that ticking sound? I really don't want to replace a working motor unless it's because it's bad which is why it's making that sound.Thoughts?Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
2010 Fusion SE 3.0L here and I have a question regarding the blower motor. It has operated just fine since I bought this car back in 2012 other then a get ticking sound on speeds 1, 2..3 and 4 dead quiet. Recently my airbag was replaced due to a recall and a week later the motor stop blowing at all. I read a bunch of threads on this condition, my harness/connector were not burnt, the relay is ok, and what made it work was just unplugging and replugging in the actual fan. It still ticks so my question is...does anyone really know why the motor makes that ticking sound? I really don't want to replace a working motor unless it's because it's bad which is why it's making that sound.Thoughts?Thanks

Hi tjoyce. The ticking can occur for various reasons. Some members have had luck with removing the motor (it is simple to remove), taking it partially apart and cleaning out any obvious debris and contamination.

You can try a site search for "blower motor ticking" etc and may be able to find one of the old threads where someone did an How-to.

Unfortunately, participation here at the Ford Fusion Club has dropped considerably over the last few years, as you can see by the lack of many currrent posts. Therefore, I would also recommend joining and posting your question over at the Ford Fusion Forum. https://www.fordfusionforum.com/

Many members from here are over there too, and participation is more active.

Keep us updated and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts