FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im having issues with my car AC. One side blowing nice cold air and the passenger side blowing hot air and i was told that it was the blend door actuator on the passenger side that was faulty. The only problem is that i cant seem to locate it anywhere behind the glovebox like i was told! I have a 2010 Ford Fusion Se 3.0L V6 if that helps .Can anyone helpe me locate it please :frown:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same problem with my '11 Sport...need HELP!

I just finished the 4 hour dash removal exercise to replace the evap temperature sensor which resulted in the return of ice cold air. Unfortunately only to the driver's side. The passenger side is about 15-20 degrees warmer and has ~50% air velocity behind it as well.

So I've watched the driver side actuator and passenger side perform the reset (disconnect battery, remove fuse 15, wait 2 minutes, turn on). They both articulate a full rotation just as they should. But the one that is up high on the passenger side behind the glove box on the right side feels (can't see) like it only turns when the floor vent is turned on and feels like 100% velocity on that setting. Once you move from floor to main vents it seems as though it isn't rotating as far as it should. It is hard to tell by just feel but it is not moving as swiftly when it goes from floor to main vents as it is in reverse.

So my question is...am I imagining things or is this actuator the problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem with my '11 Sport...need HELP!

I just finished the 4 hour dash removal exercise to replace the evap temperature sensor which resulted in the return of ice cold air. Unfortunately only to the driver's side. The passenger side is about 15-20 degrees warmer and has ~50% air velocity behind it as well.

So I've watched the driver side actuator and passenger side perform the reset (disconnect battery, remove fuse 15, wait 2 minutes, turn on). They both articulate a full rotation just as they should. But the one that is up high on the passenger side behind the glove box on the right side feels (can't see) like it only turns when the floor vent is turned on and feels like 100% velocity on that setting. Once you move from floor to main vents it seems as though it isn't rotating as far as it should. It is hard to tell by just feel but it is not moving as swiftly when it goes from floor to main vents as it is in reverse.

So my question is...am I imagining things or is this actuator the problem?
Hi there,
same problem with my 2012 fusion SEL.
Were you able to solve the problem? I think it's because of the faulty passenger side blend door actuator but i couldnt figure out how to remove it??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts