FordFusionClub.com banner

161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
I was waiting for the voice dub guy to chime in...
"In a world..... full of look a like cars..... One man..... Chooses to stand apart from the crowd"

Great video btw! What Go Pro do you use...

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #173 (Edited)
Well I thought I should give this thread a much needed update!!

The car hasn't changed cosmetically but did some work in the performance category!

First things first was better sound! The muffler delete was great but I wanted a bit less drone so I opted for the Vibrant UltraQuiet Resonator setup. Picked everything up on amazon including the 4" magnaflow tips and had them done at a local exhaust shop. Now I didn't want it to be crazy loud so I kept the stock piping diameter (2.25")

Sound clip:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #174 (Edited)
Figured I would do this in separate posts to break it up a bit!

I also ditched the Steeda tune and opted for the James Tuning tune I heard so much about. There is a good difference between the two. The car pulls harder across the entire RPM range, much more fun to drive.

I also upgraded the brakes to Hawk HPS pads and they stopped making the HPS Plus pads for our platform. Plus replaced the fluid with some Lucas Oil DOT 4.

Stopping power is way better, the factory brakes were done and it felt like they weren't able to stop the wheel rotating as sharply. Much improved, great feel and zero fade.

I ended up doing some autocross too and got some video footage.

Bumper cam first run

In car first run

Bumper cam second run

In car second run

Attachments

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
This lead to a little more. Finally got a chance to gut the cats and pre-cats. Now my first attempt I was trying to get them off the car but I ran into problems with the rear. I took off everything I could, snapped some sockets, slammed and cut my hand. It was not going well.
Finally got everything loose and I could not lower the cat for the life of me without popping off the axle. It was already crazy late, I was frustrated and annoyed so i figured screw it, put it all back and left i for another day.

I did more research and talked to a few guys who did it and was told to leave it on the car and just hammer away. Well that was easy!
Guts

More Guts

This was all in one manifold. I cleaned as a went through the cats (two in each pipe)

End result:

Very happy in the end, I also shot a couple exhaust clips.
Quick one right after I put the car together

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
latest upgrade. The all season tires were pretty well done so I found these on tire rack for about $650 USD shipped. Great deal on a great tire. They are Continental ExtremeContact DW and holy hell Extreme grip is right!!

I think the way the car is now it has got to be faster then my old Cougar and way more comfortable as far as a daily driver. The car has really come together and these tires really make it shine in the corners!

Again more videos I thought I would add. These are a bit older but one of my favorite videos

I also thought I should add my muffler delete videos on this thread too!

161 - 178 of 178 Posts