FordFusionClub.com banner

41 - 60 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
H&R springs came in today too!! Can't wait till spring for the install!
lol great minds think alike... I just seen this today and I decided a few days ago that these are what Im probably going with as well... Id like to get coils but its just not possible by spring and my cars going to SCREAM to be lowered when I put my wheels on... What made you get these?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yeah the wheel gap is awful, the lowerd fusions look so much better.

I went with the H&R's for a few reasons. Everyone I talked to loved them and it seems like they have a great mix with comfort and having a firm ride. I've heard of some springs (more with other cars) giving the car bad ride quality after lowering. Another reason is that these were the only AWD specific springs out there for us AWD guys.. It seems like some of the other AWD guys have a bit of a sag in the rear after they lower it with non AWD springs.

I didn't want to mess around with blocks or anything with the rear and from the reviews I really like H&R anyways do it all worked out.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah the wheel gap is awful, the lowerd fusions look so much better.

I went with the H&R's for a few reasons. Everyone I talked to loved them and it seems like they have a great mix with comfort and having a firm ride. I've heard of some springs (more with other cars) giving the car bad ride quality after lowering. Another reason is that these were the only AWD specific springs out there for us AWD guys.. It seems like some of the other AWD guys have a bit of a sag in the rear after they lower it with non AWD springs.

I didn't want to mess around with blocks or anything with the rear and from the reviews I really like H&R anyways do it all worked out.
Yup that's pretty much what I've come to learn as well. You going to install yourself?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yup that's pretty much what I've come to learn as well. You going to install yourself?
Yeah I'm pretty excited. I was going to install myself and have a shop put in the rear sway bar while doing the alignment bc I heard it's a headache to install! Lol.

But I was talking to a good friend of mine who used to be a mechanic and he said he will give me a hand, we will probably do it at his place since he lives down the steer and has air tools too!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
That does sound tempting! Escape all this crappy weather were having!

Too bad it's a 40 hour drive! And things like work lol.

I could pop them in since it's pretty nice in the garage these days since it's been above freezing but everything is so damn dirty with the melting snow.

·
Registered
245 Posts
curious to hear how you like it. Haven't heard many reviews on that one. I'm still deciding which one to put my money on.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Shouldn't have any problems. Mufflers just muffle the sound they really don't have another purpose for emissions. Unless you have a sound test in your state.

I love mine and it was cheap! I got the idea from the Focus ST guys, lots of them do a muffler delete over there.

I do plan on going further into some exhaust mods so I will have to change my set up and probably add some high flow mufflers eventually.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Little update..

Decided to smoke my front side markers with a can of VHT I had liking around.

I usually take them off like I did with my tail lights but I've seen lots of guys tape them with good results. I figured what the hell.

Total of 4 coats and 3 coats of clear. I took off the paper last night and let them dry over night.

Final product.

Here is the other side

Side shot

I didn't mind going darker for the side markers since they're just side markers and not brake lights. My tails seem to be a bit lighter but I used lighter coats a well.

Overall I think they turned out pretty good.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Yeah I had a can of VHT and clear sitting around anyways. I will need to take out the passanger side though and give it another shot, the very top of it was hard to get to an it looks like a little bit of paint ran between the tape.

I'll have to take it off with some adhesive remover.. Just enough to annoy me really.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Looks good! I just got my smoked markers in the mail...dreading taking the damn bezel off - I love to break tabs :/

41 - 60 of 178 Posts