FordFusionClub.com banner

21 - 40 of 178 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
Yes indeed living in IL can be, like you said, a crappy deal LOL!

You exhaust mod sounds pretty good. No need to change it now until you're ready. It's always good to chat with a fellow Sport owner to share ideas!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yes indeed living in IL can be, like you said, a crappy deal LOL!

You exhaust mod sounds pretty good. No need to change it now until you're ready. It's always good to chat with a fellow Sport owner to share ideas!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks man! Yeah I'll be leaving it until I decided to get rid of the cats.

proly like 50 + shiping.
Hmm I'll think about it and send you a PM if I'm interested. I've been thinking about doing my own too. My brother works at Ford so cheap parts!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Thats how i got this one. Only made for Lincoln MK. About $75. Sanded the letters down. Had the aluminum cut and molded $150. The lettering is on with 3M and can be easily removed. Planning on posting it on Ebay. Good luck either way. One of the Salesman at my dealership bought my Fusion same day I traded it for the Mustang..lol

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thats how i got this one. Only made for Lincoln MK. About $75. Sanded the letters down. Had the aluminum cut and molded $150. The lettering is on with 3M and can be easily removed. Planning on posting it on Ebay. Good luck either way. One of the Salesman at my dealership bought my Fusion same day I traded it for the Mustang..lol
Nice! Yeah I'll pick one up and modify it one of these days. I want to do lowering springs and rear sway bar first!

Send your co-worker over to the forums! How is he liking it?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Little update!

Ordered a stubby antenna for $10 on EBay. I really didn't want to drop $80 on a shark fin antenna and I think it looks pretty good too!

Also updated my list in my first post.

I recently ordered some LED's for the interior, puddle, reverse and license plate lights. I also have some H&R springs an a Whiteline Rear Sway bar in the mail! Install will be this spring when the weather warms up.

I've also decided to smoke my front side markers this spring and I'll be powdercoating my wheels gloss black this winter too.

I really like the Sport wheels and I was looking at some black 18's but figured why not powdercoat my stockers. They will stand out enough/make the car look different and I'm a big fan of doing little mods that add up to a big difference.

·
Registered
297 Posts
only thing missing is a spotlight! Luckily I don;t really need to worry about winter wheels here.

I need to start a mod thread, but gonna wait til spring when more stuff is done.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks! I think it looks a lot better then plain steelies! It does make it very cop-car ish though lol.

I didn't start mine until I had a few mods on her but you can start one whenever an just slowly update it as you go too!

Gives it a nice timeline for when thing are done.

·
Registered
245 Posts
It's kinda got the Robo Cop theme going on with those winter wheels. I like it! I don't have to go with 2 sets of wheels here in Florida, small downside. What's your summer ones gonna look like?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks! Yeah 2 sets in Flordia doesn't make a lot of sense when you can rock your nice set all the time.

For the summer I'll have the stock Sport wheels but I'll be powder coating them gloss black this winter.

Thought about aftermarket wheels but I found myself liking and looking at gloss black simple 5 spoke wheels anyways.

I'll post up some better cleaner pics soon!

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'm a big fan of doing little mods that add up to a big difference
+1:coolio:
Always liked the sport wheels

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
My replacement ballast came in today, nice to finally have the headlights working 100%.

Really need to do something about the wires!

H&R springs came in today too!! Can't wait till spring for the install!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Parts are in!

Can't wait for some nice spring weather for install!

Whiteline rear sway bar from CD3 performance!

H&R springs from Essex Distributers. They're out of Vancouver so free Canadian shipping!

I also picked up some Mocrofiber dish mats, they're like a smaller version of the Cobra Guzzler HD. Great for drying. Once the weather decides what to do I'll give it a bath with some ONR.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Nice! Sway bar os def on the list - about #4 or 5 down though LOL.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yeah, it was part of my goal of making the Fusion more fun to drive.

First step was sound (CAI and muffler delete)

Now suspension.. I'm doing the lighting bits to keep myself occupied before I install everything in the spring.

21 - 40 of 178 Posts