FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Well I finally caved an started modifying my Fusion Sport so I thought if share.

Mods so far:

Performance:
-Steeda CAI ( without insert)
-James Tuning 91/87oct tune(s)
-Vibrant/MRT axle-back exhaust with 4" Maganflow tips
-Gutted Catalytic Converters and Pre-Cats (4 catalytic converters total)

Exterior:
-5% tint (rear windows)
-3M invisible bra front bumper, 1/3 hood, strip on roof, mirrors and on bottom sides of the car
-HID PnP kit (with relay and capacitor for DRL's)
-Smoked rear tail lights and third brake light.
-Smoked front side markers
-0.8" stubby antenna
-Badge delete (Took off Fusion, Sport and AWD badge from trunk lid)
-LED puddle lights (6000k)
-LED reverse lights (6000k)
-LED license plate lights (6000k)
-Police Interceptor/Crown Vic Center caps for 16" steel wheels (winter mode)

Interior:
-LED front map lights (6000k)
-LED rear dome lights (6000k)
-Ford Fusion all weather mats (winter mode)
-Belltronics 955 Radar detector

Suspension:
-H&R lowering springs (1.6/1.8)
-Whiteline adjustable rear sway bar

Wheels/Tires and Brakes:
-Summer mode: Factory 18" Sport wheels powdercoated black wrapped in Continental ExtremeContact DW
-Winter mode: 16" Steel Wheels with Police Interceptor center caps wrapped in Cooper Weathermaster ST-2's
-Hawk HPS Pads and Lucas oil DOT 4 fluid

Future mod:
-Blisten B8 or strut upgrade (when the factory struts wear out)
-25mm spacers (maybe)
-Steeda front strut bar
-I'll look into the ported manifolds and TB

When I bought her!

First thing I added was tint 5% and 3M invisible bra on the front end, mirrors, strip on the roof and along the bottom side of the car.

The biggest thing I wanted was a bit of noise.. I figured it's a Sport model so it should sound like one.

Did a Steeda CAI and tune (their power pack 87/91) although I'll probably upgrade to an NPG or unleashed tune.

Next was a muffler delete. Basically took out the rear mufflers and replaced it with pipes. Sounds way better, just loud enough, nice and deep with no drone.

Had this video posted in another thread but I figured I'd add it anyways.

http://youtu.be/7Q8B6fyRPYk

I also added an PnP HID kit. (Yes I know pew pew lasers). Running a relay and capacitors. I don't want to rip apart my 3 year old headlights. One day I'll probably do a retro but this will do for now. I also tinted the tails and 3ed brake light.

Just wanted to make it a bit more fun to drive but not overkill.

Love the car, its awesome in long trips and problem free.

Played around with the GoPro and did a time laps. Sorry it does work on mobile devices bc of the music.

http://youtu.be/451znGRue1c

(Also had this video in another thread)

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
Looking great so far! Keep up the good work!

Any plans on lowering? I wish I would've invested in the 3M Invisible Bra on my Sport...

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
What are you going to do as far as lowering? Springs or coilovers?

The 3M stuff isn't cheap at all! But it's a good investment to help protect the car.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll probably go with the H&R springs and run the stock struts till they go, then I'll upgrade to the Blisten HD's.

Coilovers would be nice but I don't think I would use them to their full potential. I will be doing the odd autocross every now and then but it will be a DD 98% of the time. I'm tryin to keep that in mind as I modify since my last car was too much race car and not enough daily driver lol.

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
Good choice! I'm sure you read in my posts that I didn't want to mess around with the stock shocks/struts when I lowered my car so I replaced them with Bilstein HDs right away.

Just like yours, mine's a DD as well.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right on! I heard lots of good things about the Bilstein's too.

I might replace them all right away too, having performance struts make a huge difference.

I also want to powder coat the wheels black, thinking of a matte black instead of gloss but I'm still on the fence.

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
Can't go wrong with them! I absolutely love how my Sport handles in turns and on/off ramps. I know you have the STB and RSB on your future mod list. Once you get those on with your car lowered, it's a completely different beast as far as handling!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's awesome to hear. I think handling makes the biggest difference as far as fun to drive factor.

I'll also be upgrading the brakes once they need replacement. I don't think I'll go with the Mazdaspeed 6 brakes because my winter wheels are 16's but I'll replace my rotors with some new slotted ones.

I've been thinking about it ever since I had a close call on the highway! Nearly got into a head-on with an RV on the wrong side of the road. :S

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
I'd highly recommend the MS6 BBK. That's what I'm running and have come in handy in emergency braking situations thanks to other drivers. Maybe use your Sport wheels for winter and get some new wheels/tires for summer? Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
Agreed! As you know I run my XXR 527s over the summer and the Sport wheels for the winter. Due to cost, I ended up not getting Blizzaks for this past winter (wish I did as this past winter was the 3rd worst in history). I rode out on the OEM Goodyear RSA's. This October - Blizzaks for sure. Since you mentioned you want to powder coat your wheels black - maybe a matte black or chromium black wheel would be something you'd want to go with.

Nothing like having another Sport owner give you ideas... ;)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks!

Yeah I wasn't sure about what kind of wheels I should I with. I think black would look great with the contrasting silver. I just want something light weight. Makes no sense to me going heavier if I'm upgrading.

I do like the Enkei Lusso wheels on the Steeda website.
http://www.steedafusion.com/parts/enkei-lusso-wheel-576-4698806540BML/

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
Nice choice! Those are the same wheels that James S. (you might know him on the Fusion Facbook groups with a white Sport and the exact same wheels) has. Enkei's are very light as well!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sweet!

I'm sure I've seen his car around but I'll have to do a search and find it.

Once the suspension is done I'll see whatever else pops up on the list. Lol. I've been thinking of a cat delete too and gutting the precats.

Ugh and the list goes on!

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
I would love to do a cat delete/pre-cat delete and have a custom exhaust setup. But in Illinois, the state tests for emissions so there's no way I can do that :(

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Crappy deal!

Proper exhaust will be nice but that's on the back burner for now. One of these days I'll get it done but there's too much stuff I'll be doing first.

Thanks for all the tips/ideas! Nice talking to another sport owner for some feedback!

1 - 20 of 178 Posts