FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the med. light stone and black interior and I originally bought the med. light stone mats from partscheap.com and the fell apart so I claimed the warranty on them and I asked if I could get the black ones this time and so he sent me them. I put them in yesterday and they look great. I think it sets off the 2 tone interior just right. I'll try to get some pics up soon. It might be a few days though.

Its a big difference to me. I love it.

Anyone else do this?

·
Registered
195 Posts
As a matter of fact, I did. That is SO funny. I have seen other ppl on the forum put GREY mats in their medium light stone cars, and I thought it looked good. Myself, I bought BLACK mats for mine. I have ALWAYS been torn on which was the better choice. For the record, I bought a $20-$30 set of mats from Walmart. They are heavy duty rubber with CARPET INSERTS. I've bought this style of floor mats since the 90's b/c they never "roll up" and look dog eared they way normal carpet mats do.
Anyway... my wife LOVES the black mats. I still think grey mats look pretty sweet in other ppl's cars.
But it's funny you ask this question, b/c I'm routinely second guessing myself on the choice. The dash in the medium light stone cars isn't any "real color". Ya know? Not really black. Not really grey. But over all very sharp. That's why I picked it. I think black interiors are played out. I'm bored with 'em. I actually miss how you used to get a variety of colors. Anybody remember how you could have a blue, red, or even green interior? ha ha My second car was an '86 Buick Regal with a blue velour interior. Carpet, dash AND seats. (i'm not even THAT old... i'm under 30) ha ha

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah my 88' F-150 is light blue on the inside. Its still all one color though. I like the two tone effect in the Fusion. When I bought the car I bought it before it was on the lot and I never seen the interior (in mine) and I was happy that it was 2-toned. The one that I drove was all tan inside. I didn't like that one very much.

The Floor mats (since they are new to me) stand out as soon as I open the door. It just adds that extra effect on the interior. I love it and I'm glad they sent me the black ones to me instead of the stone ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts