FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Fusion w/the sports appearance package. It says on Fords web site when I "build your vehicle" that the sports appearance includes a "black chrome grill". My concern is that I don't have the black chrome grill. Does anyone else have this option with that grill? Can you post pics?

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Calling it "black" is misleading, as it's not black. It's a dark chrome, which just means it's a darker shade than outright chrome.

·
Registered
982 Posts
the difference is really barely noticeable. I did see the contrast when I was parked nose to nose with a Fusion S the other day... the black chrome is much better! ;-)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=WIFL link=topic=95191.msg1866746#msg1866746 date=1195540891]
You should know if you have it, if it is not chrome but slightly darker then you have it!!
[/quote]

"My concern is that I don't have the black chrome grill." I know I don't have it. What I want to know is, who else has an 08 Fusion with a sports package and a black chrome grill.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, maybe I'm not being clear. I have the sport package. If I have the sport package, I should have the black chrome grill. My grill is chrome (for sure). I've seen a black chrome grill on the MRT Fusion. I don't know if Ford's is that dark or not. Can someone post a pic of there Fusion with a black chrome grill so I can bitch to Ford.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=newburry1 link=topic=95191.msg1868711#msg1868711 date=1195611898]
Ok, maybe I'm not being clear. I have the sport package. If I have the sport package, I should have the black chrome grill. My grill is chrome (for sure). I've seen a black chrome grill on the MRT Fusion. I don't know if Ford's is that dark or not. Can someone post a pic of there Fusion with a black chrome grill so I can bitch to Ford.
[/quote]

The black chrome grill is just a shade darker than the standard fusion grill. MRT probably did a custom job on theirs. I know there are pics on this site somewhere of the dark chrome grill.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi Newburry,

Congratulations on the new car! I have the '07 with SAP and the change in color is very subtle. If the grill is dirty, you won't be able to tell the difference. When the grill is clean however, all you have to do is look at the chrome on the outside of the Ford symbol. When you compare that to the grill, you should be able to notice the difference in shade of chrome color.

Happy driving!

·
Registered
313 Posts
On my Tungsten 07 SAP/SE the grille is close to body color.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The grill on the new fusion is just a darker chrome, we just got in some of the 08's at my dealership and i'd have to say it looks pretty good..i thought about putting it on my 06 but not sure...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts