FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get a bike rack for the fusion to carry at least 2 bikes. Since I sold my old truck a bit before getting the fusion I haven't been able to go biking in the foothills or along the greenbelt we have here. Any recommendations? I am a bit worried about damaging the car and I don't want the bikes falling off either. Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have seen a Draw Tite hitch with the bike rack installed. It seemed sturdy, as I stood on the bar to test it. Thats the only one I have seen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Yakima Joe series bike rack that I haven't attempted to put on yet. It's a mount on the trunk affair. It's capable of holding two bikes up to 60lbs. I'll pull the thing out and stick it on and let you know about it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Go with da Bones

If you're going the trunk mounted way I say look for the Saris Bones rack. It's by far the simplest and most sturdy truck rack I've ever used and it comes in 2 and 3 bike versions.

If you're willing to spend more you can never go wrong with a Yakima or Thule roof mounted rack. These will set you back a pretty penny though. I just recently updated my old roof rack with new parts (Yakima) to fit the Fusion. It works great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.